emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* LaTeX Export
@ 2009-01-05 12:42 Rasmus Pank Roulund
  2009-01-05 15:29 ` Carsten Dominik
  2009-01-05 15:43 ` Matthew Lundin
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 15+ messages in thread
From: Rasmus Pank Roulund @ 2009-01-05 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,
I have got two questions.
I am using Org-mode v. 3.16c. I usually use LaTeX but Org has been
really nice. However, I want to export to LaTeX.
Two features are bugging me though.
  1. Timestambs are really nice, but I don't want them in my final
     print (the LaTeX output). Is there an easy way to remove these? 
  2. The interpretation of $ is probably nice for American but for me
     it creates a lot of undesirable results, since a lot of math is
     not recognized as math for unknown reasons. It would be nice to
     be able to turn the $-feature off [1]. When I need a $-sign I
     would much rather use \$. Maybe the universal currency-symbol ¤
     could be used as a replacement, if the user desire.

If either of these are already possible I appoligize. I was not able
to find an answear to my questions in the manual.

[1] "To avoid conflicts with currency specifications, single '$'
     characters are only recognized as math delimiters if the enclosed
     text contains at most two line breaks, is directly attached to
     the '$' characters with no whitespace in between, and if the
     closing '$' is followed by whitespace or punctuation". 
     --From the Org manual.

Thanks,
Rasmus

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: LaTeX Export
  2009-01-05 12:42 LaTeX Export Rasmus Pank Roulund
@ 2009-01-05 15:29 ` Carsten Dominik
  2009-01-05 16:10   ` Rasmus Pank Roulund
  2009-01-05 15:43 ` Matthew Lundin
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 15+ messages in thread
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-01-05 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus Pank Roulund; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rasmus,

First of all, org 3.16c is very old indeed so *maybe* this
works better in a more recent version?

Second, you could help with an example which demonstrates the problem.

- Carsten

On Jan 5, 2009, at 1:42 PM, Rasmus Pank Roulund wrote:

> Hello,
> I have got two questions.
> I am using Org-mode v. 3.16c. I usually use LaTeX but Org has been
> really nice. However, I want to export to LaTeX.
> Two features are bugging me though.
>  1. Timestambs are really nice, but I don't want them in my final
>     print (the LaTeX output). Is there an easy way to remove these?
>  2. The interpretation of $ is probably nice for American but for me
>     it creates a lot of undesirable results, since a lot of math is
>     not recognized as math for unknown reasons. It would be nice to
>     be able to turn the $-feature off [1]. When I need a $-sign I
>     would much rather use \$. Maybe the universal currency-symbol ¤
>     could be used as a replacement, if the user desire.
>
> If either of these are already possible I appoligize. I was not able
> to find an answear to my questions in the manual.
>
> [1] "To avoid conflicts with currency specifications, single '$'
>     characters are only recognized as math delimiters if the enclosed
>     text contains at most two line breaks, is directly attached to
>     the '$' characters with no whitespace in between, and if the
>     closing '$' is followed by whitespace or punctuation".
>     --From the Org manual.
>
> Thanks,
> Rasmus
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Emacs-orgmode mailing list
> Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
> Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: LaTeX Export
  2009-01-05 12:42 LaTeX Export Rasmus Pank Roulund
  2009-01-05 15:29 ` Carsten Dominik
@ 2009-01-05 15:43 ` Matthew Lundin
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 15+ messages in thread
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2009-01-05 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus Pank Roulund; +Cc: emacs-orgmode


Hi Rasmus,

Rasmus Pank Roulund <rasmus.pank@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
> I have got two questions.
> I am using Org-mode v. 3.16c. I usually use LaTeX but Org has been
> really nice. However, I want to export to LaTeX.

I assume you mean org-mode 6.13c?

> Two features are bugging me though.
>   1. Timestambs are really nice, but I don't want them in my final
>      print (the LaTeX output). Is there an easy way to remove these? 

You can control this option either with global settings:

(setq org-export-with-timestamps nil)

or with in-buffer options[1]:

#+OPTIONS: <:nil

As I'm testing this myself, however, I'm finding that this option
works fine for html export, but is not working for LaTeX export in org
6.17a. (Just to be clear: I'm refreshing the buffer settings with C-c
C-c before exporting.)

Strangely, when export with timestamps is turned on, only the last
timestamped item appears in the LaTeX export (e.g., the CLOSED
timestamp on an item that had been scheduled). But when I turn the
timestamp option off, all timestamps appear in the exported LaTeX
(e.g., both SCHEDULED and CLOSED timestamps).

I'm also finding that TODO keywords do not appear in the latex output
with the following option turned on:

#+OPTIONS: todo:t

Can anyone else duplicate this behavior?

Thanks,
Matt

Footnotes (courtesy of the wonderful new org-footnote-action):

[1] http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-options.html#Export-options

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: LaTeX Export
  2009-01-05 15:29 ` Carsten Dominik
@ 2009-01-05 16:10   ` Rasmus Pank Roulund
  2009-01-06 12:00     ` Carsten Dominik
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 15+ messages in thread
From: Rasmus Pank Roulund @ 2009-01-05 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode


> First of all, org 3.16c is very old indeed so *maybe* this works
> better in a more recent version?
Sorry, it is 6.16c :-) (Thanks Matthew!)
I believe it is the version bundled with the latest Emacsw32 from
ourcomments.org. I am using a Emacsw32 from December 2008.
Since I use win32 I am not able to use the provided update-script. 
Is is okay to overwrite the el files in the Emacs folder and recompile
them?

> Second, you could help with an example which demonstrates the problem.
Sorry. I should have included examples in the first post.
Here is an example from the notes I am working on.
The LaTeX output is:

    \begin{itemize}
    \item Indtegnes i et $x_1/x_2$-diagram, evt. med indifferentkurver.
    \item Kurve, der sammensætte alle de bedste løsninger \$(x_1^{*},
          x_2^{*})$ ved varierende indkomst $m$.
    \end{itemize}

Notice the \$ in the second item. Since I rarely use $ as a symbol but
use it all the time as math delimiter it would be more efficient to use
\$ when I actually need a $-sign.

Here is the corresponding Org code:

    - Indtegnes i et $x_1/x_2$-diagram, evt. med indifferentkurver.
    - Kurve, der sammensætte alle de bedste løsninger $(x_1^{*},
      x_2^{*})$ ved varierende indkomst $m$.

The trouble is probably caused by my auto-fill-mode hook, but I really
cannot stand long lines, and I absolutely love auto-fill-mode.

Here is an example of the information I would like to have washed out.
The LaTeX code contains the following:
    \section{Forbrugeroverskud}
    \label{sec-10}
      \texttt{SCHEDULED:} \texttt{<2008-12-30 ti>}
        \texttt{CLOCK:} [2008-12-30 ti 13:42]--[2008-12-30 ti 15:47] =>  2:05
    
Here is the corresponding Org code:
     * DONE Forbrugeroverskud
       SCHEDULED: <2008-12-30 ti>
         CLOCK: [2008-12-30 ti 13:42]--[2008-12-30 ti 15:47] =>  2:05

I have (setq org-export-with-timestamps t) btw.
With #+OPTIONS: <:nil time stamps are still present (after refreshing
and re-exporting).

Another thing on LaTeX Export: Why so much \texttt{}? Org stamps (and
tags) such as CLOSED are written with \texttt{}. I am not sure why.

On check boxes: Can their look be customized? I would rather use
\CheckedBox and \Square from the Wasysym package. It is LaTeX so there
is no reason to use ASCII persudo boxes (IMO, of course). 

Long post. Sorry. 
--Rasmus

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: Re: LaTeX Export
  2009-01-05 16:10   ` Rasmus Pank Roulund
@ 2009-01-06 12:00     ` Carsten Dominik
  2009-01-08 17:48       ` Rasmus Pank Roulund
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 15+ messages in thread
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-01-06 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus Pank Roulund; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rasmus,

I have tried to fix the issues with dollars, please download the  
latest GIT
version and check if your stuff is now converted better.

I have not yet looked at the issues with the timestamps.

- Carsten

On Jan 5, 2009, at 5:10 PM, Rasmus Pank Roulund wrote:

>
>> First of all, org 3.16c is very old indeed so *maybe* this works
>> better in a more recent version?
> Sorry, it is 6.16c :-) (Thanks Matthew!)
> I believe it is the version bundled with the latest Emacsw32 from
> ourcomments.org. I am using a Emacsw32 from December 2008.
> Since I use win32 I am not able to use the provided update-script.
> Is is okay to overwrite the el files in the Emacs folder and recompile
> them?
>
>> Second, you could help with an example which demonstrates the  
>> problem.
> Sorry. I should have included examples in the first post.
> Here is an example from the notes I am working on.
> The LaTeX output is:
>
>    \begin{itemize}
>    \item Indtegnes i et $x_1/x_2$-diagram, evt. med indifferentkurver.
>    \item Kurve, der sammensætte alle de bedste løsninger \$(x_1^{*},
>          x_2^{*})$ ved varierende indkomst $m$.
>    \end{itemize}
>
> Notice the \$ in the second item. Since I rarely use $ as a symbol but
> use it all the time as math delimiter it would be more efficient to  
> use
> \$ when I actually need a $-sign.
>
> Here is the corresponding Org code:
>
>    - Indtegnes i et $x_1/x_2$-diagram, evt. med indifferentkurver.
>    - Kurve, der sammensætte alle de bedste løsninger $(x_1^{*},
>      x_2^{*})$ ved varierende indkomst $m$.
>
> The trouble is probably caused by my auto-fill-mode hook, but I really
> cannot stand long lines, and I absolutely love auto-fill-mode.
>
> Here is an example of the information I would like to have washed out.
> The LaTeX code contains the following:
>    \section{Forbrugeroverskud}
>    \label{sec-10}
>      \texttt{SCHEDULED:} \texttt{<2008-12-30 ti>}
>        \texttt{CLOCK:} [2008-12-30 ti 13:42]--[2008-12-30 ti 15:47]  
> =>  2:05
>
> Here is the corresponding Org code:
>     * DONE Forbrugeroverskud
>       SCHEDULED: <2008-12-30 ti>
>         CLOCK: [2008-12-30 ti 13:42]--[2008-12-30 ti 15:47] =>  2:05
>
> I have (setq org-export-with-timestamps t) btw.
> With #+OPTIONS: <:nil time stamps are still present (after refreshing
> and re-exporting).
>
> Another thing on LaTeX Export: Why so much \texttt{}? Org stamps (and
> tags) such as CLOSED are written with \texttt{}. I am not sure why.
>
> On check boxes: Can their look be customized? I would rather use
> \CheckedBox and \Square from the Wasysym package. It is LaTeX so there
> is no reason to use ASCII persudo boxes (IMO, of course).
>
> Long post. Sorry.
> --Rasmus
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Emacs-orgmode mailing list
> Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
> Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: LaTeX Export
  2009-01-06 12:00     ` Carsten Dominik
@ 2009-01-08 17:48       ` Rasmus Pank Roulund
  2009-01-08 21:38         ` Carsten Dominik
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 15+ messages in thread
From: Rasmus Pank Roulund @ 2009-01-08 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> I have tried to fix the issues with dollars, please download the
> latest GIT version and check if your stuff is now converted better.

I have gotten the newest git version from today. I have Org v6.17trans.

There is still something funny with $-signs.

Here are a couple of examples:
------
LaTeX output: 
      \item Hvis en vare har input \$x\$ \dots

Org:
      - Hvis en vare har input $x$ \dots
------
LaTeX output:
       $$M\overline{V}=P\overline{Y}$$
       \$M\$ er bestemt af centralbanken, og det eneste den bestemmer er
       prisniveauet.

Org:
     - Produktionsfunktionen brugt af monetarister:
       $$M\overline{V}=P\overline{Y}$$
       $M$ er bestemt af centralbanken, og det eneste den bestemmer er
       prisniveauet.
------
LaTeX output (this one is particuarily troublesome):
      \item På arbejdsmarkedet bestemmes ligevægten imellem $L_d$ og $L_s\$
       Her ud fra findes ligevægten i udbudet.

Org:
     - På arbejdsmarkedet bestemmes ligevægten imellem $L_d$ og $L_s$
       Her ud fra findes ligevægten i udbudet.
------
LaTeX (also troublesome):
      \item Givet ved $y=f(l, k)\$

Org: 
     - Givet ved $y=f(l, k)$
------
There are lots of \$ in the end of math even though there is no line
break.

Cheers,
Rasmus

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: Re: LaTeX Export
  2009-01-08 17:48       ` Rasmus Pank Roulund
@ 2009-01-08 21:38         ` Carsten Dominik
  2009-02-10 20:46           ` Rasmus Pank Roulund
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 15+ messages in thread
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-01-08 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus Pank Roulund; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rasmus,

please keep testing!

I have fixed the issues you mentioned in you mail - I am
sure there will be more.

Parsing TeX is hard, parsing pseudo-TeX like in Org-mode
is even harder.  Note that this will never be perfect.
In particular, $-parsing is a bitch.  You can elagantly
cheat out by using \(...\) and \[...\] instead.

- Carsten

On Jan 8, 2009, at 6:48 PM, Rasmus Pank Roulund wrote:

>> I have tried to fix the issues with dollars, please download the
>> latest GIT version and check if your stuff is now converted better.
>
> I have gotten the newest git version from today. I have Org  
> v6.17trans.
>
> There is still something funny with $-signs.
>
> Here are a couple of examples:
> ------
> LaTeX output:
>      \item Hvis en vare har input \$x\$ \dots
>
> Org:
>      - Hvis en vare har input $x$ \dots
> ------
> LaTeX output:
>       $$M\overline{V}=P\overline{Y}$$
>       \$M\$ er bestemt af centralbanken, og det eneste den bestemmer  
> er
>       prisniveauet.
>
> Org:
>     - Produktionsfunktionen brugt af monetarister:
>       $$M\overline{V}=P\overline{Y}$$
>       $M$ er bestemt af centralbanken, og det eneste den bestemmer er
>       prisniveauet.
> ------
> LaTeX output (this one is particuarily troublesome):
>      \item På arbejdsmarkedet bestemmes ligevægten imellem $L_d$ og  
> $L_s\$
>       Her ud fra findes ligevægten i udbudet.
>
> Org:
>     - På arbejdsmarkedet bestemmes ligevægten imellem $L_d$ og $L_s$
>       Her ud fra findes ligevægten i udbudet.
> ------
> LaTeX (also troublesome):
>      \item Givet ved $y=f(l, k)\$
>
> Org:
>     - Givet ved $y=f(l, k)$
> ------
> There are lots of \$ in the end of math even though there is no line
> break.
>
> Cheers,
> Rasmus
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Emacs-orgmode mailing list
> Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
> Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: LaTeX Export
  2009-01-08 21:38         ` Carsten Dominik
@ 2009-02-10 20:46           ` Rasmus Pank Roulund
  2009-02-11  9:58             ` Re: LaTeX Export "$"s Giovanni Ridolfi
  2009-02-11 10:34             ` Re: LaTeX Export Carsten Dominik
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 15+ messages in thread
From: Rasmus Pank Roulund @ 2009-02-10 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,
Sorry for the late reply. This is regarind a bug in LaTeX export.
The trouble seems to happen when autofill is used. It
might be caused by something else. I am not sure. The thing is
that Org sometimes misintpretate $ as the currency symbolar
rather than "math" as in LaTeX-lingu. IMO the use of $ as a
currency symbol should be optional.

Here is an example of the error:

Org source: 

   - Funktioner findes ved at sætte funktionen lige en given konstant
     $k$. Dermed bestemmes indifferentfunktion. Det ses nemt at
     $u(x_1, x_2)=k$.

LaTeX export: 

   \item Funktioner findes ved at sætte funktionen lige en given konstant
         \$k\$. Dermed bestemmes indifferentfunktion. Det ses nemt at
         $u(x_1, x_2)=k$.

I have pulled the newest revision of Org. The version is 6.22b.

Thanks,
Rasmus

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: Re: LaTeX Export "$"s
  2009-02-10 20:46           ` Rasmus Pank Roulund
@ 2009-02-11  9:58             ` Giovanni Ridolfi
  2009-02-11 10:34             ` Re: LaTeX Export Carsten Dominik
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 15+ messages in thread
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2009-02-11  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode, Rasmus Pank Roulund

--- Mar 10/2/09, Rasmus Pank Roulund <rasmus.pank@gmail.com> ha scritto:
> Sorry for the late reply. This is regarind a bug in LaTeX
> export.
> The trouble seems to happen when autofill is used. It
> might be caused by something else. I am not sure. The thing
> is
> that Org sometimes misintpretate $ as the currency symbolar
> rather than "math" as in LaTeX-lingu. IMO the use
> of $ as a
> currency symbol should be optional.
hi, Rasmus,

you should use \(  \) for a "well-exported" math environment 
and not "$"  ;-)

as stated in the maual:

11.3 LaTeX fragments
====================
Text within the usual LaTeX math delimiters.  To avoid conflicts
     with currency specifications, single `$' characters are only
     recognized as math delimiters 
     if the enclosed text contains at most two line breaks, 
     is directly attached to the `$' characters
     with no whitespace in between, 
     and if the closing `$' is followed
     by whitespace, punctuation or a dash.  For the other delimiters,
     there is no such restriction, so when in doubt, use `\(...\)' as
     inline math delimiters.


Giovanni


      Passa a Yahoo! Mail.

La webmail che ti offre GRATIS spazio illimitato, 
antispam e messenger integrato.
http://it.mail..yahoo.com/              

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: Re: LaTeX Export
  2009-02-10 20:46           ` Rasmus Pank Roulund
  2009-02-11  9:58             ` Re: LaTeX Export "$"s Giovanni Ridolfi
@ 2009-02-11 10:34             ` Carsten Dominik
  2009-02-11 15:56               ` Bernt Hansen
  2009-02-12 18:25               ` Rasmus Pank Roulund
  1 sibling, 2 replies; 15+ messages in thread
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-02-11 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus Pank Roulund; +Cc: emacs-orgmode


[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1574 bytes --]


On Feb 10, 2009, at 9:46 PM, Rasmus Pank Roulund wrote:

> Hello,
> Sorry for the late reply. This is regarind a bug in LaTeX export.
> The trouble seems to happen when autofill is used. It
> might be caused by something else. I am not sure. The thing is
> that Org sometimes misintpretate $ as the currency symbolar
> rather than "math" as in LaTeX-lingu. IMO the use of $ as a
> currency symbol should be optional.
>
> Here is an example of the error:
>
> Org source:
>
>   - Funktioner findes ved at sætte funktionen lige en given konstant
>     $k$. Dermed bestemmes indifferentfunktion. Det ses nemt at
>     $u(x_1, x_2)=k$.
>
> LaTeX export:
>
>   \item Funktioner findes ved at sætte funktionen lige en given  
> konstant
>         \$k\$. Dermed bestemmes indifferentfunktion. Det ses nemt at
>         $u(x_1, x_2)=k$.
>
> I have pulled the newest revision of Org. The version is 6.22b.

Please remove your customization of org-format-latex-options.
You can do this by doing

M-x customize-variable RET org-format-latex-options RET

and then clicking on "Erase customizations", then
"Set for current session", then "Save for future sessions".

After that, re-make any customizations you want in that variable.

Some time ago I added a new matcher "$1" for single characters
between dollars like in this case.  People who have
customized this option unfortunately do not get to see it.

That said, Giovanni's proposal to use \(....\) is excellent
advice, at least in cases where using $..$ causes trouble.

- Carsten


[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 2175 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/plain, Size: 204 bytes --]

_______________________________________________
Emacs-orgmode mailing list
Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: LaTeX Export
  2009-02-11 10:34             ` Re: LaTeX Export Carsten Dominik
@ 2009-02-11 15:56               ` Bernt Hansen
  2009-02-11 16:08                 ` Carsten Dominik
  2009-02-12 18:25               ` Rasmus Pank Roulund
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 15+ messages in thread
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-02-11 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Rasmus Pank Roulund

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> M-x customize-variable RET org-format-latex-options RET
>
> and then clicking on "Erase customizations", then
> "Set for current session", then "Save for future sessions".

On my version of Emacs

GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of
2008-11-09 on raven, modified by Debian

if I click on [Save for future sessions] it also sets the current
session data.  I don't need to click on both.

I used to do that but decided one day to figure out if that was really
necessary (since I was messing with lots of configuration variables
through the customize interface and clicking on both buttons was bugging
me :) )

HTH,
-Bernt

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: LaTeX Export
  2009-02-11 15:56               ` Bernt Hansen
@ 2009-02-11 16:08                 ` Carsten Dominik
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 15+ messages in thread
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-02-11 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Rasmus Pank Roulund


On Feb 11, 2009, at 4:56 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:
>
>> M-x customize-variable RET org-format-latex-options RET
>>
>> and then clicking on "Erase customizations", then
>> "Set for current session", then "Save for future sessions".
>
> On my version of Emacs
>
> GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of
> 2008-11-09 on raven, modified by Debian
>
> if I click on [Save for future sessions] it also sets the current
> session data.  I don't need to click on both.
>
> I used to do that but decided one day to figure out if that was really
> necessary (since I was messing with lots of configuration variables
> through the customize interface and clicking on both buttons was  
> bugging
> me :) )

Indeed, this is good to know.

- Carsten

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: LaTeX Export
  2009-02-11 10:34             ` Re: LaTeX Export Carsten Dominik
  2009-02-11 15:56               ` Bernt Hansen
@ 2009-02-12 18:25               ` Rasmus Pank Roulund
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 15+ messages in thread
From: Rasmus Pank Roulund @ 2009-02-12 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> Some time ago I added a new matcher "$1" for single
> charactersbetween dollars like in this case.  People who
> havecustomized this option unfortunately do not get to see it.
That was probably the problem. It works a lot better now! Thanks. 


> That said, Giovanni's proposal to use \(....\) is excellentadvice, at least
> in cases where using $..$ causes trouble.- Carsten

Acctually, at first I used \(...\) but at that time Org had a harder
time picking up \(...\) than $...$ which caused a lot of \($...$\). I
have not checked whether it works better now.

Thanks,
Rasmus

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: Re: Latex Export
  2010-10-16 18:40 Thomas S. Dye
@ 2010-10-16 18:48 ` chris.m.malone
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 15+ messages in thread
From: chris.m.malone @ 2010-10-16 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye, chris.m.malone; +Cc: Nick Dokos, emacs-orgmode


[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2352 bytes --]

Hi Thomas,

This may be as it is the version that comes with Emacs 22.2.1 - is there an  
easy way to check the org-mode version?

Chris

On Oct 16, 2010 2:40pm, "Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.com> wrote:
> Aloha Chris,



> Perhaps you have an older version of org-mode?



> All the best,

> Tom



> On Oct 16, 2010, at 8:10 AM, chris.m.malone@gmail.com wrote:




> Hi Nick,



> It does not export anything. The message window displays: "No command  
> associated with key l"



> Chris



> On Oct 16, 2010 1:54pm, Nick Dokos nicholas.dokos@hp.com> wrote:

> > chris.m.malone@gmail.com wrote:

> >

> >

> >

> > > Hi,

> >

> > >

> >

> > > I'm using emacs version 22.2.1 on a Fedora Core 9 machine. I'm new to  
> org-mode and am interested in using it to write LaTeX documents/Beamer

> >

> > > presentations. When I load the export dispatcher with Cc Ce, however,  
> I do not have the "l" option for LaTeX export; I only have the following:

> >

> > >

> >

> > > [t] insert the export option template

> >

> > > [v] limit export to visible part of outline tree

> >

> > >

> >

> > > [a] export as ASCII

> >

> > > [h] export as HTML

> >

> > > [b] export as HTML and browse immediately

> >

> > > [x] export as XOXO

> >

> > >

> >

> > > [i] export current file as iCalendar file

> >

> > > [I] export all agenda files as iCalendar files

> >

> > > [c] export agenda files into combined iCalendar file

> >

> > >

> >

> > > [F] publish current file

> >

> > > [P] publish current project

> >

> > > [X] publish... (project will be prompted for)

> >

> > > [A] publish all projects

> >

> > >

> >

> > > Is there something that I need to turn on in my .emacs file or an  
> additional module that needs to be installed to have access to the LaTeX  
> exporter?

> >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> > Not that I know of. What happens if you press l in any case? If it does  
> export

> >

> > to latex then it would seem to be some sort of display problem perhaps  
> (lots

> >

> > of weasel words here but I can't help it). If there is some error, then  
> post

> >

> > the error.

> >

> >

> >

> > Nick

> >_______________________________________________

> Emacs-orgmode mailing list

> Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.

> Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode





[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 4280 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/plain, Size: 201 bytes --]

_______________________________________________
Emacs-orgmode mailing list
Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: Re: Latex Export
  2010-10-16 17:54 Latex Export Nick Dokos
@ 2010-10-16 18:10 ` chris.m.malone
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 15+ messages in thread
From: chris.m.malone @ 2010-10-16 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chris.m.malone; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode


[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1523 bytes --]

Hi Nick,

It does not export anything. The message window displays: "No command  
associated with key l"

Chris

On Oct 16, 2010 1:54pm, Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> wrote:
> chris.m.malone@gmail.com wrote:



> > Hi,

> >

> > I'm using emacs version 22.2.1 on a Fedora Core 9 machine. I'm new to  
> org-mode and am interested in using it to write LaTeX documents/Beamer

> > presentations. When I load the export dispatcher with Cc Ce, however, I  
> do not have the "l" option for LaTeX export; I only have the following:

> >

> > [t] insert the export option template

> > [v] limit export to visible part of outline tree

> >

> > [a] export as ASCII

> > [h] export as HTML

> > [b] export as HTML and browse immediately

> > [x] export as XOXO

> >

> > [i] export current file as iCalendar file

> > [I] export all agenda files as iCalendar files

> > [c] export agenda files into combined iCalendar file

> >

> > [F] publish current file

> > [P] publish current project

> > [X] publish... (project will be prompted for)

> > [A] publish all projects

> >

> > Is there something that I need to turn on in my .emacs file or an  
> additional module that needs to be installed to have access to the LaTeX  
> exporter?

> >



> Not that I know of. What happens if you press l in any case? If it does  
> export

> to latex then it would seem to be some sort of display problem perhaps  
> (lots

> of weasel words here but I can't help it). If there is some error, then  
> post

> the error.



> Nick


[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 2239 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/plain, Size: 201 bytes --]

_______________________________________________
Emacs-orgmode mailing list
Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2010-10-16 18:48 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 15+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2009-01-05 12:42 LaTeX Export Rasmus Pank Roulund
2009-01-05 15:29 ` Carsten Dominik
2009-01-05 16:10   ` Rasmus Pank Roulund
2009-01-06 12:00     ` Carsten Dominik
2009-01-08 17:48       ` Rasmus Pank Roulund
2009-01-08 21:38         ` Carsten Dominik
2009-02-10 20:46           ` Rasmus Pank Roulund
2009-02-11  9:58             ` Re: LaTeX Export "$"s Giovanni Ridolfi
2009-02-11 10:34             ` Re: LaTeX Export Carsten Dominik
2009-02-11 15:56               ` Bernt Hansen
2009-02-11 16:08                 ` Carsten Dominik
2009-02-12 18:25               ` Rasmus Pank Roulund
2009-01-05 15:43 ` Matthew Lundin
2010-10-16 17:54 Latex Export Nick Dokos
2010-10-16 18:10 ` chris.m.malone
2010-10-16 18:40 Thomas S. Dye
2010-10-16 18:48 ` chris.m.malone

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).