* Re: Re: LaTeX Export
@ 2009-01-06 12:00     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-01-06 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus Pank Roulund; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rasmus,

I have tried to fix the issues with dollars, please download the
latest GIT
version and check if your stuff is now converted better.

I have not yet looked at the issues with the timestamps.

- Carsten

On Jan 5, 2009, at 5:10 PM, Rasmus Pank Roulund wrote:

>> First of all, org 3.16c is very old indeed so *maybe* this works
>> better in a more recent version?
> Sorry, it is 6.16c :-) (Thanks Matthew!)
> I believe it is the version bundled with the latest Emacsw32 from
> ourcomments.org. I am using a Emacsw32 from December 2008.
> Since I use win32 I am not able to use the provided update-script.
> Is is okay to overwrite the el files in the Emacs folder and recompile
> them?
>
>> Second, you could help with an example which demonstrates the
>> problem.
> Sorry. I should have included examples in the first post.
> Here is an example from the notes I am working on.
> The LaTeX output is:
>
>    \begin{itemize}
>    \item Indtegnes i et $x_1/x_2$-diagram, evt. med indifferentkurver.
>    \item Kurve, der sammensætte alle de bedste løsninger \$(x_1^{*},
>          x_2^{*})$ ved varierende indkomst $m$.
>    \end{itemize}
>
> Notice the \$ in the second item. Since I rarely use $ as a symbol but
> use it all the time as math delimiter it would be more efficient to
> use
> \$ when I actually need a $-sign.
>
> Here is the corresponding Org code:
>
>    - Indtegnes i et $x_1/x_2$-diagram, evt. med indifferentkurver.
>    - Kurve, der sammensætte alle de bedste løsninger $(x_1^{*},
>      x_2^{*})$ ved varierende indkomst $m$.
>
> The trouble is probably caused by my auto-fill-mode hook, but I really
> cannot stand long lines, and I absolutely love auto-fill-mode.
>
> Here is an example of the information I would like to have washed out.
> The LaTeX code contains the following:
>    \section{Forbrugeroverskud}
>    \label{sec-10}
>      \texttt{SCHEDULED:} \texttt{<2008-12-30 ti>}
>        \texttt{CLOCK:} [2008-12-30 ti 13:42]--[2008-12-30 ti 15:47]
> =>  2:05
>
> Here is the corresponding Org code:
>     * DONE Forbrugeroverskud
>       SCHEDULED: <2008-12-30 ti>
>         CLOCK: [2008-12-30 ti 13:42]--[2008-12-30 ti 15:47] =>  2:05
>
> I have (setq org-export-with-timestamps t) btw.
> With #+OPTIONS: <:nil time stamps are still present (after refreshing
> and re-exporting).
>
> Another thing on LaTeX Export: Why so much \texttt{}? Org stamps (and
> tags) such as CLOSED are written with \texttt{}. I am not sure why.
>
> On check boxes: Can their look be customized? I would rather use
> \CheckedBox and \Square from the Wasysym package. It is LaTeX so there
> is no reason to use ASCII persudo boxes (IMO, of course).
>
> Long post. Sorry.
> --Rasmus

* Re: Re: LaTeX Export
@ 2009-01-08 21:38         ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-01-08 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus Pank Roulund; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rasmus,

please keep testing!

I have fixed the issues you mentioned in you mail - I am
sure there will be more.

Parsing TeX is hard, parsing pseudo-TeX like in Org-mode
is even harder.  Note that this will never be perfect.
In particular, $-parsing is a bitch.  You can elagantly
cheat out by using \(...\) and \[...\] instead.

- Carsten

On Jan 8, 2009, at 6:48 PM, Rasmus Pank Roulund wrote:

>> I have tried to fix the issues with dollars, please download the
>> latest GIT version and check if your stuff is now converted better.
>
> I have gotten the newest git version from today. I have Org
> v6.17trans.
>
> There is still something funny with $-signs.
>
> Here are a couple of examples:
> ------
> LaTeX output:
>      \item Hvis en vare har input \$x\$ \dots
>
> Org:
>      - Hvis en vare har input $x$ \dots
> ------
> LaTeX output:
>       $$M\overline{V}=P\overline{Y}$$
>       \$M\$ er bestemt af centralbanken, og det eneste den bestemmer
> er
>       prisniveauet.
>
> Org:
>     - Produktionsfunktionen brugt af monetarister:
>       $$M\overline{V}=P\overline{Y}$$
>       $M$ er bestemt af centralbanken, og det eneste den bestemmer er
>       prisniveauet.
> ------
> LaTeX output (this one is particuarily troublesome):
>      \item På arbejdsmarkedet bestemmes ligevægten imellem $L_d$ og
> $L_s\$
>       Her ud fra findes ligevægten i udbudet.
>
> Org:
>     - På arbejdsmarkedet bestemmes ligevægten imellem $L_d$ og $L_s$
>       Her ud fra findes ligevægten i udbudet.
> ------
> LaTeX (also troublesome):
>      \item Givet ved $y=f(l, k)\$
>
> Org:
>     - Givet ved $y=f(l, k)$
> ------
> There are lots of \$ in the end of math even though there is no line
> break.
>
> Cheers,
> Rasmus

* Re: Re: LaTeX Export
@ 2009-02-11 10:34             ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-02-11 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus Pank Roulund; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Feb 10, 2009, at 9:46 PM, Rasmus Pank Roulund wrote:

> Hello,
> Sorry for the late reply. This is regarind a bug in LaTeX export.
> The trouble seems to happen when autofill is used. It
> might be caused by something else. I am not sure. The thing is
> that Org sometimes misintpretate $ as the currency symbolar
> rather than "math" as in LaTeX-lingu. IMO the use of $ as a
> currency symbol should be optional.
>
> Here is an example of the error:
>
> Org source:
>
>   - Funktioner findes ved at sætte funktionen lige en given konstant
>     $k$. Dermed bestemmes indifferentfunktion. Det ses nemt at
>     $u(x_1, x_2)=k$.
>
> LaTeX export:
>
>   \item Funktioner findes ved at sætte funktionen lige en given
> konstant
>         \$k\$. Dermed bestemmes indifferentfunktion. Det ses nemt at
>         $u(x_1, x_2)=k$.
>
> I have pulled the newest revision of Org. The version is 6.22b.

Please remove your customization of org-format-latex-options.
You can do this by doing

M-x customize-variable RET org-format-latex-options RET

and then clicking on "Erase customizations", then
"Set for current session", then "Save for future sessions".

After that, re-make any customizations you want in that variable.

Some time ago I added a new matcher "$1" for single characters
between dollars like in this case.  People who have
customized this option unfortunately do not get to see it.

That said, Giovanni's proposal to use \(....\) is excellent
advice, at least in cases where using $..$ causes trouble.

- Carsten

* Latex Export
       [not found] <Pine.LNX.4.63.1010161331001.7948@scotty.ess.sunysb.edu>
@ 2010-10-16 17:34 ` chris.m.malone
From: chris.m.malone @ 2010-10-16 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm using emacs version 22.2.1 on a Fedora Core 9 machine. I'm new to
org-mode and am interested in using it to write LaTeX documents/Beamer
presentations. When I load the export dispatcher with Cc Ce, however, I do
not have the "l" option for LaTeX export; I only have the following:

[t] insert the export option template
[v] limit export to visible part of outline tree

[a] export as ASCII
[h] export as HTML
[b] export as HTML and browse immediately
[x] export as XOXO

[i] export current file as iCalendar file
[I] export all agenda files as iCalendar files
[c] export agenda files into combined iCalendar file

[F] publish current file
[P] publish current project
[X] publish... (project will be prompted for)
[A] publish all projects

Is there something that I need to turn on in my .emacs file or an
additional module that needs to be installed to have access to the LaTeX
exporter?

Chris

* Re: Latex Export
@ 2010-10-16 17:54   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2010-10-16 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chris.m.malone; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

chris.m.malone@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using emacs version 22.2.1 on a Fedora Core 9 machine.  I'm new to org-mode and am interested in using it to write LaTeX documents/Beamer
> presentations. When I load the export dispatcher with C-c C-e, however, I do not have the "l" option for LaTeX export; I only have the following:
>
> [t]   insert the export option template
> [v]   limit export to visible part of outline tree
>
> [a] export as ASCII
> [h] export as HTML
> [b] export as HTML and browse immediately
> [x] export as XOXO
>
> [i] export current file as iCalendar file
> [I] export all agenda files as iCalendar files
> [c] export agenda files into combined iCalendar file
>
> [F] publish current file
> [P] publish current project
> [X] publish... (project will be prompted for)
> [A] publish all projects
>
> Is there something that I need to turn on in my .emacs file or an additional module that needs to be installed to have access to the LaTeX exporter?

Not that I know of. What happens if you press l in any case? If it does export
to latex then it would seem to be some sort of display problem perhaps (lots
of weasel words here but I can't help it). If there is some error, then post
the error.

Nick

* Re: Re: Latex Export
@ 2010-10-16 18:10     ` chris.m.malone
From: chris.m.malone @ 2010-10-16 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chris.m.malone; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Hi Nick,

It does not export anything. The message window displays: "No command
associated with key l"

Chris

On Oct 16, 2010 1:54pm, Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> wrote:
> chris.m.malone@gmail.com wrote:

> > Hi,

> > I'm using emacs version 22.2.1 on a Fedora Core 9 machine. I'm new to
> org-mode and am interested in using it to write LaTeX documents/Beamer

> > presentations. When I load the export dispatcher with Cc Ce, however, I
> do not have the "l" option for LaTeX export; I only have the following:

> > [t] insert the export option template

> > [v] limit export to visible part of outline tree

> > [a] export as ASCII

> > [h] export as HTML

> > [b] export as HTML and browse immediately

> > [x] export as XOXO

> > [i] export current file as iCalendar file

> > [I] export all agenda files as iCalendar files

> > [c] export agenda files into combined iCalendar file

> > [F] publish current file

> > [P] publish current project

> > [X] publish... (project will be prompted for)

> > [A] publish all projects

> > Is there something that I need to turn on in my .emacs file or an
> additional module that needs to be installed to have access to the LaTeX
> exporter?

> Not that I know of. What happens if you press l in any case? If it does
> export

> to latex then it would seem to be some sort of display problem perhaps
> (lots

> of weasel words here but I can't help it). If there is some error, then
> post

> the error.

> Nick

* Re: Latex Export
@ 2010-10-16 18:40       ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2010-10-16 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chris.m.malone; +Cc: Nick Dokos, emacs-orgmode

Aloha Chris,

Perhaps you have an older version of org-mode?

All the best,
Tom

On Oct 16, 2010, at 8:10 AM, chris.m.malone@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> It does not export anything. The message window displays: "No
> command associated with key l"
>
> Chris
>
> On Oct 16, 2010 1:54pm, Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> wrote:
> > chris.m.malone@gmail.com wrote:
> >

> > > Hi,
> >

> > > I'm using emacs version 22.2.1 on a Fedora Core 9 machine.  I'm
> new to org-mode and am interested in using it to write LaTeX
> documents/Beamer
> >
> > > presentations. When I load the export dispatcher with C-c C-e,
> however, I do not have the "l" option for LaTeX export; I only have
> the following:
> >

> > > [t]   insert the export option template
> >
> > > [v]   limit export to visible part of outline tree
> >

> > > [a] export as ASCII
> >
> > > [h] export as HTML
> >
> > > [b] export as HTML and browse immediately
> >
> > > [x] export as XOXO
> >

> > > [i] export current file as iCalendar file
> >
> > > [I] export all agenda files as iCalendar files
> >
> > > [c] export agenda files into combined iCalendar file
> >

> > > [F] publish current file
> >
> > > [P] publish current project
> >
> > > [X] publish... (project will be prompted for)
> >
> > > [A] publish all projects
> >

> > > Is there something that I need to turn on in my .emacs file or
> an additional module that needs to be installed to have access to
> the LaTeX exporter?
> >

> > Not that I know of. What happens if you press l in any case? If it
> does export
> >
> > to latex then it would seem to be some sort of display problem
> perhaps (lots
> >
> > of weasel words here but I can't help it). If there is some error,
> then post
> >
> > the error.
> >

> > Nick

* Re: Re: Latex Export
@ 2010-10-16 18:48         ` chris.m.malone
From: chris.m.malone @ 2010-10-16 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye, chris.m.malone; +Cc: Nick Dokos, emacs-orgmode

Hi Thomas,

This may be as it is the version that comes with Emacs 22.2.1 - is there an
easy way to check the org-mode version?

Chris

On Oct 16, 2010 2:40pm, "Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.com> wrote:
> Aloha Chris,

> Perhaps you have an older version of org-mode?

> All the best,

> Tom

> On Oct 16, 2010, at 8:10 AM, chris.m.malone@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi Nick,

> It does not export anything. The message window displays: "No command
> associated with key l"

> Chris

> On Oct 16, 2010 1:54pm, Nick Dokos nicholas.dokos@hp.com> wrote:

> > chris.m.malone@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Hi,

> > > I'm using emacs version 22.2.1 on a Fedora Core 9 machine. I'm new to
> org-mode and am interested in using it to write LaTeX documents/Beamer

> > > presentations. When I load the export dispatcher with Cc Ce, however,
> I do not have the "l" option for LaTeX export; I only have the following:

> > > [t] insert the export option template

> > > [v] limit export to visible part of outline tree

> > > [a] export as ASCII

> > > [h] export as HTML

> > > [b] export as HTML and browse immediately

> > > [x] export as XOXO

> > > [i] export current file as iCalendar file

> > > [I] export all agenda files as iCalendar files

> > > [c] export agenda files into combined iCalendar file

> > > [F] publish current file

> > > [P] publish current project

> > > [X] publish... (project will be prompted for)

> > > [A] publish all projects

> > > Is there something that I need to turn on in my .emacs file or an
> additional module that needs to be installed to have access to the LaTeX
> exporter?

> > Not that I know of. What happens if you press l in any case? If it does
> export

> > to latex then it would seem to be some sort of display problem perhaps
> (lots

> > of weasel words here but I can't help it). If there is some error, then
> post

> > the error.

> > Nick

* Re: Re: Re: Latex Export
@ 2010-10-16 18:51           ` chris.m.malone
From: chris.m.malone @ 2010-10-16 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye, chris.m.malone; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Sorry, I just checked the version: 4.67c

Chris

* Re: Re: Re: Re: Latex Export
@ 2010-10-16 18:53             ` chris.m.malone
From: chris.m.malone @ 2010-10-16 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Which seems old...I'll try and update it. Thanks for the help.

Chris

* Re: Latex Export
@ 2010-10-16 19:14               ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2010-10-16 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)