* LaTeX Export
@ 2009-01-05 12:42 Rasmus Pank Roulund
From: Rasmus Pank Roulund @ 2009-01-05 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,
I have got two questions.
I am using Org-mode v. 3.16c. I usually use LaTeX but Org has been
really nice. However, I want to export to LaTeX.
Two features are bugging me though.
  1. Timestambs are really nice, but I don't want them in my final
     print (the LaTeX output). Is there an easy way to remove these?
  2. The interpretation of $ is probably nice for American but for me
     it creates a lot of undesirable results, since a lot of math is
     not recognized as math for unknown reasons. It would be nice to
     be able to turn the $-feature off [1]. When I need a $-sign I
     would much rather use \$. Maybe the universal currency-symbol ¤
     could be used as a replacement, if the user desire.

If either of these are already possible I appoligize. I was not able
to find an answear to my questions in the manual.

[1] "To avoid conflicts with currency specifications, single '$'
     characters are only recognized as math delimiters if the enclosed
     text contains at most two line breaks, is directly attached to
     the '$' characters with no whitespace in between, and if the
     closing '$' is followed by whitespace or punctuation".
     --From the Org manual.

Thanks,
Rasmus

* Re: Latex Export
@ 2010-10-16 17:54 Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2010-10-16 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chris.m.malone; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

chris.m.malone@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using emacs version 22.2.1 on a Fedora Core 9 machine.  I'm new to org-mode and am interested in using it to write LaTeX documents/Beamer
> presentations. When I load the export dispatcher with C-c C-e, however, I do not have the "l" option for LaTeX export; I only have the following:
>
> [t]   insert the export option template
> [v]   limit export to visible part of outline tree
>
> [a] export as ASCII
> [h] export as HTML
> [b] export as HTML and browse immediately
> [x] export as XOXO
>
> [i] export current file as iCalendar file
> [I] export all agenda files as iCalendar files
> [c] export agenda files into combined iCalendar file
>
> [F] publish current file
> [P] publish current project
> [X] publish... (project will be prompted for)
> [A] publish all projects
>
> Is there something that I need to turn on in my .emacs file or an additional module that needs to be installed to have access to the LaTeX exporter?

Not that I know of. What happens if you press l in any case? If it does export
to latex then it would seem to be some sort of display problem perhaps (lots
of weasel words here but I can't help it). If there is some error, then post
the error.

Nick

* Re: Latex Export
@ 2010-10-16 18:40 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2010-10-16 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chris.m.malone; +Cc: Nick Dokos, emacs-orgmode

Aloha Chris,

Perhaps you have an older version of org-mode?

All the best,
Tom