* Need extra text in ODT export of headers
@ 2014-02-03 15:43 Dan Griswold
       [not found] ` <m2bnyokwrr.fsf@uio.no>
From: Dan Griswold @ 2014-02-03 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I have to do something particular in org-mode, and I'm stumped.

The manuscript I will need to submit to my publisher is to be very sparse
on formatting in MS-Word. So for headings I need to mark them <A> for first
level headings, <B> for second level, <C> for third level.

So, with an org file that looks somewhat like this:

* Here's a top Heading

** Here's a subheading

* Here's another top Heading

I would get in an ODT export:

<A> Here's a top Heading

<B> Here's a subheading

<A> Here's another top Heading

Do any of you have suggestions for how I could accomplish this, short of
manually supplying that text for every single heading (67) in the several
org files that comprise the manuscript?

Perhaps there's a way to do this using LO styles. But I can't figure that
out, either.

Thanks,

Dan Griswold
Rochester, NY

* Re: Need extra text in ODT export of headers
       [not found] ` <m2bnyokwrr.fsf@uio.no>
@ 2014-02-03 16:12   ` Dan Griswold
From: Dan Griswold @ 2014-02-03 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Moe, Emacs-orgmode

That might do the trick. The added text appears as expected in a file saved
as text only. The only downside right now seems to be that I have to do the
outline numbering for each file in the manuscript. But there are only 9 of
them.

I hope that I can soon ask an editor with the publishing company whether
this is acceptable. But for now, it seems to work. So thank you!

Dan

@ 2014-02-04  2:52     ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2014-02-04  2:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Emacs-orgmode, Christian Moe

Dan Griswold <kc5gmr@gmail.com> writes:

> The only downside right now seems to be that I have to do the outline
> numbering for each file in the manuscript. But there are only 9 of
> them.

You just need to create a opendocument template file and have all the
org file use it.

See

   (info "(org) Applying custom styles")

1. Export ONE document.
2. Fix outline numbering
3. Save the file as say custom-style.ott (Note: It is OTT and not ODT)
4. Add a directive to ALL THE OTHER org file as below.

       M-x org-export-insert-default-template odt

   and modify the ODT_STYLES_FILE directive as below.

      #+ODT_STYLES_FILE: "~/a/b/custom-style.ott"

5. Now if I export the org files with (4), you will get the outline
   numbering that you desire.

* Re: Need extra text in ODT export of headers
@ 2014-02-04  9:09       ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2014-02-04  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: Dan Griswold, Emacs-orgmode, Christian Moe

Hi, Jambunathan,

I was going to tell Dan the same thing, but for some reason, the below
doesn't work for me with outline numbering. Can you confirm that it
works for you?

When I try, the paragraph styles from the template *do* get applied
(tested by coloring some headings), but the custom outline numbering
does not.

To see if it ought to, I also tried to "load styles" from the OTT
into an ODT document, but again, custom outline numbering did not follow
along, so I'm not sure if it should be expected to work with Org ODT
export either.

Yours,
Christian

@ 2014-02-09  4:31         ` Jambunathan K