Christian Moe writes: > Hi, Jambunathan, > > I was going to tell Dan the same thing, but for some reason, the below > doesn't work for me with outline numbering. Can you confirm that it > works for you? > > When I try, the paragraph styles from the template *do* get applied > (tested by coloring some headings), but the custom outline numbering > does not. > > To see if it ought to, I also tried to "load styles" from the OTT > into an ODT document, but again, custom outline numbering did not follow > along, so I'm not sure if it should be expected to work with Org ODT > export either. > > Yours, > Christian > > Jambunathan K writes: > >> The following message is a courtesy copy of an article >> that has been posted to gmane.emacs.orgmode as well. >> >> Dan Griswold writes: >> >>> The only downside right now seems to be that I have to do the outline >>> numbering for each file in the manuscript. But there are only 9 of >>> them. >> >> You just need to create a opendocument template file and have all the >> org file use it. >> >> See >> >> (info "(org) Applying custom styles") >> >> 1. Export ONE document. >> 2. Fix outline numbering >> 3. Save the file as say custom-style.ott (Note: It is OTT and not ODT) >> 4. Add a directive to ALL THE OTHER org file as below. >> >> M-x org-export-insert-default-template odt >> >> and modify the ODT_STYLES_FILE directive as below. >> >> #+ODT_STYLES_FILE: "~/a/b/custom-style.ott" >> >> 5. Now if I export the org files with (4), you will get the outline >> numbering that you desire.