* http://libremanuals.net (ikiwiki+org) to translate the Org Guide
@ 2011-12-13 19:48 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-12-13 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: David Arroyo Menéndez

Dear all,

another announcement about translation : David Arroyo Menéndez (who
already translated David O'Toole's tutorial) is launching LibreManuals
to help with translating/publishing FLOSS book.

Libremanuals uses ikiwiki (http://ikiwiki.info/) a wiki compiler.  It
builds static HTML pages for a wiki, from source in the ikiwiki/Markdown
language (or others, such as texinfo or org-mode), and writes it out to
destination.  Libremanuals is using org-mode files to manage the tasks
to do in an integrated way with ikiwiki thanks to the org ikiwiki plugin
<http://www.golden-gryphon.com/software/misc/org.pm.html>

Please check the website and contribute on it (it's a wiki) or through
the git repository: having the Org Guide in several languages would be
great!

Thanks to David for setting this up, and to you all for your attention!

(And I'm done with announcements.)

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: http://libremanuals.net (ikiwiki+org) to translate the Org Guide
@ 2011-12-13 23:29 ` David Arroyo Menéndez
From: David Arroyo Menéndez @ 2011-12-13 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien, thanks for the announce.

For now, I've enabled english, spanish and french in the libremanual
ikiwiki, but if someone wants translate the org compact guide (
http://www.libremanuals.net/orgguide/index.en.html) to another language,
let me know and I'll enable a new language.

Best.

--
David Arroyo Menéndez
http://www.davidam.com

* Re: http://libremanuals.net (ikiwiki+org) to translate the Org Guide
@ 2011-12-14  9:35   ` Takaaki ISHIKAWA
From: Takaaki ISHIKAWA @ 2011-12-14  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Arroyo Menéndez; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

Dear David,

Hi.

I have organized a translation project into Japanese.
We work hard to translate the org manual, and near future,
we are going to start

On 2011/12/14, at 8:29, David Arroyo Menéndez wrote:

> Bastien, thanks for the announce.
>
> For now, I've enabled english, spanish and french in the libremanual ikiwiki, but if someone wants translate the org compact guide (http://www.libremanuals.net/orgguide/index.en.html) to another language, let me know and I'll enable a new language.
>
> Best.
>
> El 13 de diciembre de 2011 20:48, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> escribió:
> Dear all,
>
> another announcement about translation : David Arroyo Menéndez (who
> already translated David O'Toole's tutorial) is launching LibreManuals
> to help with translating/publishing FLOSS book.
>
> Libremanuals uses ikiwiki (http://ikiwiki.info/) a wiki compiler.  It
> builds static HTML pages for a wiki, from source in the ikiwiki/Markdown
> language (or others, such as texinfo or org-mode), and writes it out to
> destination.  Libremanuals is using org-mode files to manage the tasks
> to do in an integrated way with ikiwiki thanks to the org ikiwiki plugin
> <http://www.golden-gryphon.com/software/misc/org.pm.html>
>
> Please check the website and contribute on it (it's a wiki) or through
> the git repository: having the Org Guide in several languages would be
> great!
>
> Thanks to David for setting this up, and to you all for your attention!
>
> (And I'm done with announcements.)
>
> Best,
>
> --
>  Bastien
>

> --
> David Arroyo Menéndez
> http://www.davidam.com

[-- Attachment #2: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail --]

* Re: http://libremanuals.net (ikiwiki+org) to translate the Org Guide
@ 2011-12-14  9:44   ` Takaaki ISHIKAWA
From: Takaaki ISHIKAWA @ 2011-12-14  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Arroyo Menéndez; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

Dear all and David,

Sorry I sent an incomplete mail, it's my mistake.
please ignore the previous e-mail.

>> David

Near future, I'll contribute a Japanese translation.
Could you setup the libremanual ikiwiki for Japanese?

Best regards,
Takaaki Ishikawa
@takaxp

@ 2011-12-14 11:19     ` David Arroyo Menéndez
From: David Arroyo Menéndez @ 2011-12-14 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takaaki ISHIKAWA; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

Done!

Please send me your public ssh key to make an unix account and can do git
clone and git push

Best

--
David Arroyo Menéndez
http://www.davidam.com

* Re: http://libremanuals.net (ikiwiki+org) to translate the Org Guide
@ 2011-12-14 16:05       ` Takaaki ISHIKAWA
From: Takaaki ISHIKAWA @ 2011-12-14 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Arroyo Menéndez; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

Hi David,

Thanks a lot!

I'll send you the key directory soon.

Best regards,
Takaaki

@ 2011-12-14 18:07 ` Chris Gray
From: Chris Gray @ 2011-12-14 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien, emacs-orgmode; +Cc: David Arroyo Menéndez

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 20:48:57 +0100, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> another announcement about translation : David Arroyo Menéndez (who
> already translated David O'Toole's tutorial) is launching LibreManuals
> to help with translating/publishing FLOSS book.
>
> Libremanuals uses ikiwiki (http://ikiwiki.info/) a wiki compiler.  It
> builds static HTML pages for a wiki, from source in the ikiwiki/Markdown
> language (or others, such as texinfo or org-mode), and writes it out to
> destination.  Libremanuals is using org-mode files to manage the tasks
> to do in an integrated way with ikiwiki thanks to the org ikiwiki plugin
> <http://www.golden-gryphon.com/software/misc/org.pm.html>

Hi Bastien,

You might have seen this already, but I recently announced a different
approach to compiling org files with ikiwiki.  It isn't exactly stable
yet, but you might want to keep an eye on
<https://github.com/chrismgray/ikiwiki-org-plugin>.

It currently has features that Manoj's plugin does not have, such as
properly setting the title of the page, and allowing images (currently
only absolute urls are tested, but that should be improved soon) and
wikilinks.

Anyway, I think you are probably making the right decision in using
Manoj's plugin for now, but mine is being more actively developed, so it
might be the better choice fairly soon.

Cheers,
Chris

* Re: http://libremanuals.net (ikiwiki+org) to translate the Org Guide