* Compiling Org Mode on Windows - "date" Bug?
@ 2014-04-05 21:43 William Kunkel
From: William Kunkel @ 2014-04-05 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I, for reasons I cannot control, have to use Windows. I've been using emacs
and the version of org mode packaged with emacs. However, I've wanted to
use org-drill, which as far as I understand requires compiling org-mode
from source. I copied local.mk from the "Emacs on Windows" section here:
http://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-build-system.html. However, when I then run
make, it hangs.

I've traced the problem to the fact that make is trying to run a temporary
batch script with cmd, with the contents:

@echo off
date +%Y-%m-%d

As "+%Y-%m-%d" is not valid input to the DOS "date" command, (which, unlike
the Linux version, only sets the date), it prompts for acceptable input and
the program hangs.

Why is this happening, and how can I make it not happen?

Thanks,
Will Kunkel