Does the ELPA package include packages not bundled with Emacs (Those marked "C" in customize-variable org-modules)? Installing it didn't seem to make the org-drill module available. As for the date problem, I guess it's trying to use cmd as my default shell and generating the temporary batch script automatically; I'll try to get that sorted out somehow. Thanks, Will On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 3:02 AM, Achim Gratz wrote: > William Kunkel writes: > > I've traced the problem to the fact that make is trying to run a > > temporary batch script with cmd, with the contents: > > > > @echo off > > date +%Y-%m-%d > > There is no such batch script in the entire Org distribution, nor should > the build system ever try to run cmd for anything (you really need a > POSIX shell for anything make doesn't use built-ins for), so it seems > you're using some strange make and/or have the PATH set incorrectly. If > you're not using a recent GNU Make, you can try to compile Org without > one (as described in the FAQ on Worg), however I'd suggest you use the > ELPA package instead. > > That said, the result of the particular invocation that requires date is > only used in the documentation, so if you really want to see how far you > can progress beyond that, simply remove the "$(shell date +%Y-%m-%d)" in > mk/targets.mk and replace it with the current date like "2014-04-06". > > > Regards, > Achim. > -- > +<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+ > > SD adaptations for Waldorf Q V3.00R3 and Q+ V3.54R2: > http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#WaldorfSDada > > >