From: John Kitchin <johnrkitchin@gmail.com>
To: Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com>
Cc: Org Mode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>, Vicente Vera <vicentemvp@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: exporting zotxt or orgref links to HTML and ODF
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 18:01:50 -0500	[thread overview]

With the latest version of org-ref, I can automate export from org
through markdown to docx via pandoc like this:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(defun ox-export-to-docx-and-open ()
 "Export the current org file as a docx via markdown."
 (interactive)
(let* ((bibfile (expand-file-name (car (org-ref-find-bibliography))))
       ;; this is probably a full path
       (current-file (buffer-file-name))
       (basename (file-name-sans-extension current-file))
       (md-file (concat basename ".md"))
       (docx-file (concat basename ".docx")))

  (when (file-exists-p docx-file) (delete-file docx-file))
  (org-export-to-file 'md md-file)
  (shell-command (format
                  "pandoc -s -S --bibliography=%s %s -o %s"
                  bibfile md-file docx-file))
  (org-open-file docx-file '(16))))
#+END_SRC

this works because i defined a markdown format function that converts
the cite link to pandoc format on export. I could avoid the markdown
translation if I could do an org to org export that would do that. With
a little work we could define file tags like:

#+PANDOC_CSL: some-csl-file

that would also get passed to the pandoc command to determine the style
of the citation and bibliography.

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F