* org-plot : interaction problem with gnuplot
@ 2009-06-17  9:55 d.tchin
From: d.tchin @ 2009-06-17  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I would like to use gnuplot with org-mode tabular function.But I
haven't managed to use it until now.
I would like to submit to you few remarks I have done.

I use GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) on Microsoft Windows XP OS.
I have installed gnuplot and I can use it with gnuplot-mode.

I tried to follow the tutorial of Eric Schulte but I didn't manage to get a plot of
simple example extracted from the tutorial.

I use these data defined in a file orgplot.org :
#+PLOT: title:"Citas" ind:1 deps:(3) type:2d with:histograms set:"yrange [0:]"
| Sede       | Max cites | H-index |
|------------+-----------+---------|
| Chile      |    257.72 |   21.39 |
| Leeds      |    165.77 |   19.68 |
| São Paolo |     71.00 |   11.50 |
| Stockholm  |    134.19 |   14.33 |
| Morelia    |    257.56 |   17.67 |

When I use org-plot/gnuplot, gnuplot is launched with only the reset command
and emacs is totally freezed. To get back to emacs, I use \C-g command.

I have checked few things :

- org-plot/gnuplot managed to build a temporay file org-plot???? with the following
  data

"Chile"	257.72	21.39
"Leeds"	165.77	19.68
"São Paolo"	71.00	11.50
"Stockholm"	134.19	14.33
"Morelia"	257.56	17.67

- I suppose that org-plot/gnuplot builds a temporary buffer with the instructions
  that will be sent to gnuplot. I checked that *gnuplot* buffer with
  gnuplot-show-gnuplot-buffer. There is only the reset command.

Do you have any idea to solve this problem ?

Regards

Tchin

Découvrez Cocoon et Catpower dans notre sélection musicale folk sur Voila http://musiline.voila.fr

* Re: org-plot : interaction problem with gnuplot
@ 2009-06-26  7:43 Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2009-06-26  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: d.tchin, Eric Schulte; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

--- Ven 26/6/09, Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com> ha scritto:
> d.tchin@voila.fr writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to use gnuplot with org-mode tabular
> > function.But I haven't managed to use it until now.
> > I use GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) on
> > Microsoft Windows XP OS.
[...]
> > When I use org-plot/gnuplot, gnuplot is launched with
> > only the reset command
> > and emacs is totally freezed. To get back to emacs, I
> > use \C-g command.

When I tried Emacs 22.2 it frozen.

Now I use Emacs 23.0.94
   you can download 23.0.95 from
   http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/
   ;-)

and Emacs 23.0.  doesn't freeze anymore. But I still
have no output from gnuplot.
To be sincere I gave it up.

cheers,

Giovanni

* Re: org-plot : interaction problem with gnuplot
@ 2009-06-29 22:05 d.tchin
From: d.tchin @ 2009-06-29 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi

Thank you for your help.

1°) I try to use comint buffer and to launch few commands. I don't
    really understand the way comint works but it seems that each
    time that I use a command, there is a freeze, and to access
    back to the emacs  buffer I have to use \C-g several times.

2°) I put the instruction you suggested. I try to use org-plot/gnuplot
    and I have the following output on message buffer:

OVERVIEW
org-plot/gnuplot
CHILDREN
script is reset
set title 'Citas'
set yrange [0:]
progn: Wrong number of arguments: (lambda (line) (block add-to-script (setf script (format "%s
%s" script line)))), 2
Mark set

Thanks

Retrouvez les meilleurs titres de Michael Jackson sur http://musiline.voila.fr/player/createtag/935918