* Org mode and "shunt" exporters?
@ 2013-12-05 20:30 Brett Viren
From: Brett Viren @ 2013-12-05 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Has anyone written any new-style exporter which will produce a common
markup/data language format like JSON or YAML?  I'm looking for
something that fully preserves the original org document structure and
does no semantic interpretation along the way.

What I really want is to parse arbitrary org files in Python.  I've
looked at the entries at worg's "org-tool" node which do this but they
seem out of date or make assumptions about what org elements exist or
their URLs are not loading (NEO).  If any of that's a misrepresentation
please correct me.

In any case, using org's own exporter to produce JSON or YAML and then
relying on these format's Python modules for parsing seems like the best
way to go to let me author in org and process in Python.

I'm not very good with elisp (which is why I want to get org data into
Python) but I guess I can have a go at making such a "shunt" exporter.
Before I try, I just wanted to check if someone had this wheel already
spinning.

Thanks,
-Brett.