* driving me mad..oeg-agenda kills current buffer
@ 2016-01-15  5:11 Xebar Saram
From: Xebar Saram @ 2016-01-15  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org mode

Hi all
so this issue is driving me mad...
when im on a file, i launch org-agenda and choose an option (default view,
custom view..dosent matter). this goes on to kill the buffer i launched the
agenda from
sometimes it just closes the buffer other times it will ask me, see from
*messages* buffer:

No event to add
Buffer `TODO.org' still has clients; kill it? (y or n) n
Mark set

i tried binary debugging but couldn't get to the root of the issue (spend
literally 3 hours on this :)).. i ended up finding that using emacs -q was
the only thing that restored things back to normal behaviour. even a empty
init.file still had the same issue...which left me puzzled.

i would appreciate any tips anyone has on how to try and debug this :)

thx so much

* Re: driving me mad..oeg-agenda kills current buffer
@ 2016-01-15 13:13 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2016-01-15 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Xebar Saram <zeltakc@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all
> so this issue is driving me mad...
> when im on a file, i launch org-agenda and choose an option (default view, custom view..dosent matter). this goes on to kill the buffer i launched the agenda from
> sometimes it just closes the buffer other times it will ask me, see from *messages* buffer:
>
> No event to add
> Buffer `TODO.org' still has clients; kill it? (y or n) n

The message seems to imply that the file was opened with emacsclient,
using the emacs server.

Not sure whether that has anything to do with it, but it's something
to check. What happens if you don't use the server?

> Mark set
>
> i tried binary debugging but couldn't get to the root of the issue (spend literally 3 hours on this :)).. i ended up finding that using emacs -q was the only thing that restored things
> back to normal behaviour. even a empty init.file still had the same issue...which left me puzzled.
>
> i would appreciate any tips anyone has on how to try and debug this :)
>
> thx so much

Nick

* Re: driving me mad..oeg-agenda kills current buffer
@ 2016-01-15 13:33   ` Xebar Saram
From: Xebar Saram @ 2016-01-15 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: org mode

Hi Nick

yeah it also happens without emacs server, ie just running "emacs"

anything else i can try?

best

@ 2016-01-15 13:39 ` Thomas Holst
From: Thomas Holst @ 2016-01-15 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xebar Saram; +Cc: org mode

Hi Xebar,

· Xebar Saram <zeltakc@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
> so this issue is driving me mad...
> when im on a file, i launch org-agenda and choose an option (default
> view, custom view..dosent matter). this goes on to kill the buffer i
> launched the agenda from
> sometimes it just closes the buffer other times it will ask me, see
> from *messages* buffer:
>
> No event to add
> Buffer `TODO.org' still has clients; kill it? (y or n) n
> Mark set
>
> i tried binary debugging but couldn't get to the root of the issue
> (spend literally 3 hours on this :)).. i ended up finding that using
> emacs -q was the only thing that restored things back to normal
> behaviour. even a empty init.file still had the same issue...which
> left me puzzled.

which org-mode version are you using? I had the same problem for a few
days and then it was gone. I run org-mode from git repo and update
often.. So try to update to latest org and see if the problem still
perists.

HTH
--
Bis neulich ...
  Thomas Holst

* Re: driving me mad..oeg-agenda kills current buffer
@ 2016-01-15 13:50   ` Xebar Saram
From: Xebar Saram @ 2016-01-15 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Holst; +Cc: org mode