Hi Nick yeah it also happens without emacs server, ie just running "emacs" anything else i can try? best Z On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 3:13 PM, Nick Dokos wrote: > Xebar Saram writes: > > > Hi all > > so this issue is driving me mad... > > when im on a file, i launch org-agenda and choose an option (default > view, custom view..dosent matter). this goes on to kill the buffer i > launched the agenda from > > sometimes it just closes the buffer other times it will ask me, see from > *messages* buffer: > > > > No event to add > > Buffer `TODO.org' still has clients; kill it? (y or n) n > > The message seems to imply that the file was opened with emacsclient, > using the emacs server. > > Not sure whether that has anything to do with it, but it's something > to check. What happens if you don't use the server? > > > Mark set > > > > i tried binary debugging but couldn't get to the root of the issue > (spend literally 3 hours on this :)).. i ended up finding that using emacs > -q was the only thing that restored things > > back to normal behaviour. even a empty init.file still had the same > issue...which left me puzzled. > > > > i would appreciate any tips anyone has on how to try and debug this :) > > > > thx so much > > > > z > > > > -- > Nick > > >