emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* upgrade to 9.5 failed:
@ 2021-11-08 23:55 Pete Siemsen
  2021-11-09  0:44 ` Ihor Radchenko
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Pete Siemsen @ 2021-11-08 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 942 bytes --]

I'm running Aquamacs 3.6 on a Mac running macOS 11.6. I've been happily
running org-mode 9.1.14 for years. Today, for no particular reason, I tried
to upgrade to org-mode 9.5. I was able to upgrade, and org-version changed
to "9.5", but when I tried some simple commands in an org file, like "TAB"
to do an "org-cycle", I got

cannot open load file, no such file or directory, backtrace

When I looked in the *Messages" buffer, I saw

Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 1001) signaled (void-variable
org-element-citation-prefix-re)
Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 1501) signaled (void-variable
org-element-citation-prefix-re)
eval-buffer: Cannot open load file: No such file or directory, backtrace
Warning: Bug in org-mode: it forgets to call `run-mode-hooks'
Cannot open load file: No such file or directory, backtrace
Mark set

For now, I've gone back to version 9.1.14, which still works. What might be
wrong?

-- Pete

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 2673 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: upgrade to 9.5 failed:
  2021-11-08 23:55 upgrade to 9.5 failed: Pete Siemsen
@ 2021-11-09  0:44 ` Ihor Radchenko
  2021-11-09 17:22   ` Pete Siemsen
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2021-11-09  0:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pete Siemsen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Pete Siemsen <siemsen@ucar.edu> writes:

> I'm running Aquamacs 3.6 on a Mac running macOS 11.6. I've been happily
> running org-mode 9.1.14 for years. Today, for no particular reason, I tried
> to upgrade to org-mode 9.5. I was able to upgrade, and org-version changed
> to "9.5", but when I tried some simple commands in an org file, like "TAB"
> to do an "org-cycle", I got
>
> cannot open load file, no such file or directory, backtrace

Fixed now.

Bes,
Ihor


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: upgrade to 9.5 failed:
  2021-11-09  0:44 ` Ihor Radchenko
@ 2021-11-09 17:22   ` Pete Siemsen
  2021-11-10  2:17     ` Ihor Radchenko
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Pete Siemsen @ 2021-11-09 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 730 bytes --]

Thank you. That changed things, so I guess it's getting better. Now when I
do a TAB, I get

Cannot open load file. No such file or directory, xdg

-- Pete



On Mon, Nov 8, 2021 at 5:43 PM Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:

> Pete Siemsen <siemsen@ucar.edu> writes:
>
> > I'm running Aquamacs 3.6 on a Mac running macOS 11.6. I've been happily
> > running org-mode 9.1.14 for years. Today, for no particular reason, I
> tried
> > to upgrade to org-mode 9.5. I was able to upgrade, and org-version
> changed
> > to "9.5", but when I tried some simple commands in an org file, like
> "TAB"
> > to do an "org-cycle", I got
> >
> > cannot open load file, no such file or directory, backtrace
>
> Fixed now.
>
> Bes,
> Ihor
>

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 1677 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: upgrade to 9.5 failed:
  2021-11-09 17:22   ` Pete Siemsen
@ 2021-11-10  2:17     ` Ihor Radchenko
  2021-11-10 17:56       ` Pete Siemsen
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2021-11-10  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pete Siemsen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Pete Siemsen <siemsen@ucar.edu> writes:

> Thank you. That changed things, so I guess it's getting better. Now when I
> do a TAB, I get
>
> Cannot open load file. No such file or directory, xdg

Note that Org does not officially support Aquamacs. For now, I fixed
this particular issue because it also affects Emacs 25. However, this
part of Org is currently a subject of change. Feel free to join the
discussion at https://list.orgmode.org/87ee7yaksm.fsf@localhost/ to make
your voice (as Aquamacs user) heard.

Best,
Ihor


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: upgrade to 9.5 failed:
  2021-11-10  2:17     ` Ihor Radchenko
@ 2021-11-10 17:56       ` Pete Siemsen
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Pete Siemsen @ 2021-11-10 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 697 bytes --]

Ihor,

I downloaded the latest, and it works.

Thanks!

-- Pete



On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 7:16 PM Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:

> Pete Siemsen <siemsen@ucar.edu> writes:
>
> > Thank you. That changed things, so I guess it's getting better. Now when
> I
> > do a TAB, I get
> >
> > Cannot open load file. No such file or directory, xdg
>
> Note that Org does not officially support Aquamacs. For now, I fixed
> this particular issue because it also affects Emacs 25. However, this
> part of Org is currently a subject of change. Feel free to join the
> discussion at https://list.orgmode.org/87ee7yaksm.fsf@localhost/ to make
> your voice (as Aquamacs user) heard.
>
> Best,
> Ihor
>

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 1902 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2021-11-10 17:57 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-11-08 23:55 upgrade to 9.5 failed: Pete Siemsen
2021-11-09  0:44 ` Ihor Radchenko
2021-11-09 17:22   ` Pete Siemsen
2021-11-10  2:17     ` Ihor Radchenko
2021-11-10 17:56       ` Pete Siemsen

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).