* Running babel blocks in :noexport: sections
@ 2012-10-27 19:03 John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2012-10-27 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

For papers and beamer presentations, I sometimes hide more "universal"
babel blocks inside a sort of setup headline. I thought I'd done this
before, but perhaps not... The idea would be like so:

* Data setup     :noexport:

#+begin_src R :session r

load libraries
read data files
do universal operations

#+end_src

* Slide

#+begin_src R :session r :exports results :results output graphics

subset(larger_data_set_from_above)
processing
plot something

#+end_src

I noticed today that my :noexport: setup sections (I had a couple)
were not updating. I re-defined a variable name further down in my
file and it was re-using the definition from an above setup section
(tagged with :noexport:). Just because I don't want it export doesn't
mean I don't want to have useful stuff in the headline...

Is this a bug/inappropriate setting, desirable based on how others use
:noexport: headlines, or would others see value in executing babel
blocks in :noexport: headlines?

If I /didn't/ want it executed, I'd use :execute no.

Thanks for any input,
John