John Hendy writes: > For papers and beamer presentations, I sometimes hide more "universal" > babel blocks inside a sort of setup headline. I thought I'd done this > before, but perhaps not... The idea would be like so: > > * Data setup :noexport: > > #+begin_src R :session r > > load libraries > read data files > do universal operations > > #+end_src > > * Slide > > #+begin_src R :session r :exports results :results output graphics > > subset(larger_data_set_from_above) > processing > plot something > > #+end_src > > I noticed today that my :noexport: setup sections (I had a couple) > were not updating. I re-defined a variable name further down in my > file and it was re-using the definition from an above setup section > (tagged with :noexport:). Just because I don't want it export doesn't > mean I don't want to have useful stuff in the headline... > > Is this a bug/inappropriate setting, desirable based on how others use > :noexport: headlines, or would others see value in executing babel > blocks in :noexport: headlines? > > If I /didn't/ want it executed, I'd use :execute no. > > > Thanks for any input, > John > Instead of tagging the headline as :noexport: you can add the COMMENT flag to it. This should result in your desired behavior. See the attached example.