* Re: Re: Timer mode doesn't hyphenate correctly
@ 2011-03-31  5:39 Mark S
From: Mark S @ 2011-03-31  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello Matt,

--- On Wed, 3/30/11, Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> wrote:

>I cannot reproduce this.
>All of the following timer items were entered quickly using
> M-Tab:
>  - 0:01:04 :: An item
>   - 0:01:07 :: Another item
>   - 0:01:10 :: Yet another

It appears that you can get different results depending on how you start
the timer and whether there are prior entries there. Basically, you need
to start on a blank line with no prior timing entries. If you start your
timer, either with C-c C-x 0 or with C-c C-x - with prior timer entries,
you are likely to get the results I described before (double hyphens), or
error messages ("not a timer list").

So to people who know the right incantation, I suppose it looks ok. But if
you take even a slight detour you may get some strange results.

Maybe there should be a bit more warning in the manual. But now that I've
worked out the land-mines, I'm sure its going to be very useful.

Thanks!
Mark

* Timer mode doesn't hyphenate correctly
@ 2011-03-30 20:40 Mark S
From: Mark S @ 2011-03-30 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

I have a timer list running:

   - 0:01:00 Start at 10:17.
   - 2:14:18 :: My actions

I go to the end of the line and hit <alt><enter>

I get:

   - -2:15:45 ::

Note the two hyphens.

Now if I try to add another timed line with <alt><enter>, the system acts
like I'm trying to start a term definition. If I use C-c C-x - instead, I
get a message that I'm not in a timed list. The only way I can get a new
timed entry, is to first delete the extra hyphen:

   -  2:15:45 ::

... and then use either of the other two techniques for creating an entry.
This seems like several extra and unnecessary keystrokes. Is there a way
to get it to add new timer items without fussing with the line?

Thanks!
Mark

Win XP
GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
Org 7.5