* [Feature Request] - Furigana - Yomigana - Ruby
@ 2013-05-27 22:41 T.T.N.
From: T.T.N. @ 2013-05-27 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

So this is my first try to post to the mailing list. I Love Orgmode, you
guys are the best!

I would like to use orgmode to capture japanese text to later export to
latex, html and epub.
For japanese symbols, sometimes the pronounciation is put in smaller
letters above the symbol to help the reader.
These are called ruby in general in typesetting (in japanese, they are
also called furigana/yomigana, which I put in the header so not
everybody thinks of the programming language..)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furigana

In Latex, using CJK and ruby packages, This exports ok.
(A problem being that japanese text in headers doesn't. But i guess
that's another (and rather Latex, not orgmode-specific) topic.

Now, my feature request would be to make the html exporter interpret the
latex command
\ruby{symbol}{reading}
as:

as suggested here, for parentheses on non-ruby supporting browsers:
http://xahlee.info/js/html5_ruby_tag.html

For the org-mode file (you might see some blank squares if you have no
japanese support):
Here a minimal working example for export:

###
#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage[CJK, overlap]{ruby}
#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{CJK} \end{CJK}
#+LATEX \begin{CJK}{UTF8}{min}

"\ruby{東}{ひがし}アジア" means east asia in japanese
#+LATEX \end{CJK}
###

All the best, and keep on rocking my world in plain text! =)