* LaTeX export of lists
@ 2011-07-24 16:16 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2011-07-24 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Aloha all,

LaTeX export of lists appears to be inserting an extraneous blank line.

This snippet from the Org-mode document:

first-order cultural history sequence for Hawai`i can be expressed
with model (\ref{eq:first-order}), which states that
   1. the pre-colonization period began at a time too old for the
      \rc\space method to date;

is exported to LaTeX as:

first-order cultural history sequence for Hawai`i can be expressed
with model \ref{eq:first-order}, which states that

\begin{enumerate}
\item the pre-colonization period began at a time too old for the
      \rc\  method to date;

The blank line before \begin{enumerate} is interpreted by LaTeX as a
paragraph break, which I don't want here because I'm setting the
enumerated list within the paragraph and not displayed separately.

IIRC, this represents an old behavior that was corrected a while back.
I'm not sure when the blank line snuck back in.

I'm using Org-mode version 7.6 (release_7.6.102.g05c6).

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* LaTeX export of lists
@ 2010-11-28 14:33 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2010-11-28 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aloha all,

The solution to my earlier query is this:

* List
  1. First item
  2. Second item Following text.

This works for lists set in a paragraph, but won't work for lists set
out by themselves.  Richard's \noindent will work in these situations,
but I'm wondering why the empty line is there in the first place?

All the best,
Tom

* LaTeX export of lists
@ 2010-11-27 22:02 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2010-11-27 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aloha all,

Is there an easy way to keep text following a list with the list, i.e,
without a blank line following the list, during export?

* List
   1. First item
   2. Second item
Following text.

Gets exported as:

\section{List}
\label{sec-1}

\begin{enumerate}
\item First item
\item Second item
\end{enumerate}

Following text.

I don't want a blank line between \end{enumerate} and "Following text."

I looked through the documentation and browsed the list archive to no
avail, but I might have missed what I was looking for.

All the best,
Tom