* Tags completion with Helm
@ 2017-03-14  9:16 aaermolov
From: aaermolov @ 2017-03-14  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've spotted a problem with completing Org tags with Helm. While Helm is
not at least about [fuzzy] completion, when I try to input any
completion subsequence, all candidates are gone and variants are
shrinked to whatever will be typed.

Is there any widely known mistake, that I've stepped into with this
case? Can anyone point me to some comprehensible direction?

regards,
Alex

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Tags completion with Helm
@ 2017-03-14 12:54 ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2017-03-14 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aaermolov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

have you tried these settings:

(setq helm-mode-fuzzy-match t
      helm-completion-in-region-fuzzy-match t)

According to https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm/wiki/Fuzzy-matching, the
make fuzzy matching work everywhere.

It seems to work ok for me.

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F

* Re: Tags completion with Helm
@ 2017-03-14 16:24   ` aaermolov
From: aaermolov @ 2017-03-14 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi John,

no, these do not seem to fix anything. :(

Namely, the following is still happens:

1) I'm pressing C-c C-q then TAB to select freeform input
2) then there is "org-set-tags" above candidates list and buffer title
   is "*helm-mode-org-set-tags*"
3) after any input candidates list looks like "[?]<helm query chars>"
   (initial candidates disappeared)

regards,
Alex

@ 2017-03-14 16:38     ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2017-03-14 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Ermolov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I can't reproduce that behavior on my end. I see different behavior though.
My helm window is titled crm-complete, and the buffer is called
*helm-mode-crm-complete*

This seems to be the helm core package I am using.

helm-core-20170112.917

John

-----------------------------------

@ 2017-03-14 17:12       ` aaermolov
From: aaermolov @ 2017-03-14 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Yes, with some some config fiddling I've seen this crm-based tagging
wotkflow you describe, but problems were the same.

Suddenly, I tried to remove some customization code for Helm (namely
this -
https://github.com/search?q=helm-hide-minibuffer-maybe&type=Code&utf8=✓)
and it seems proper completion starts working to some extent.

Anyway, thanks for prompt reply and mind seeding! :)

@ 2017-03-14 17:45         ` aaermolov
From: aaermolov @ 2017-03-14 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org