* Re: zotero (or mendeley) integration with org
@ 2011-03-27  3:12 Rustom Mody
From: Rustom Mody @ 2011-03-27  3:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Stephen Eglen wrote:
> I've not yet switched to a pdf manager (they're all stuffed into a folder, with a few subfolders, and the only meta-data is
> in the filename!), so I'd appreciate hearing what others to do to look after their pdfs.

Maybe look at tracker [assuming linux] http://projects.gnome.org/tracker/ ?
More generally http://www.wikinfo.org/index.php/Comparison_of_desktop_search_software

* zotero (or mendeley) integration with org
@ 2011-03-26 15:47 Stephen Eglen
From: Stephen Eglen @ 2011-03-26 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Stephen Eglen

There was a mail-thread lastyear about zotero and integration with org.
Now that there is an alpha release of 'org-standalone'
  http://www.zotero.org/blog/2011/02/

has anyone looked at whether this helps integrate org and zotero?

I've not yet switched to a pdf manager (they're all stuffed into a
folder, with a few subfolders, and the only meta-data is in the
filename!), so I'd appreciate hearing what others to do to look after
their pdfs.  Mendeley is a possibility too (although syncing between
machines is a must, and Mendeley doesn't offer that yet.)

Stephen