* BUG: org-beamer-select-environment select multiple environments not working?
@ 2016-05-24 12:45 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2016-05-24 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

It seems that I can not longer select multiple environments at the same
time by using org-beamer-select-environment.

- I am on a header
- I press C-c C-b
- then C-c to enable multiple selections
- press (b)lock and (c)olumn and both are selected
- press [RET] to accept
- only one gets applied (in my case column)

# GNU Emacs 25.0.94.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin15.4.0, Carbon Version 157 AppKit 1404.46) of 2016-05-24
# Org-mode version 8.3.4 (release_8.3.4-842-g58f5def @ /Users/rainerkrug/.emacs.d/org-mode/lisp/)

Cheers,

Rainer

Stellenbosch University
South Africa

Tel :       +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44
Cell:       +33 - (0)6 85 62 59 98
Fax :       +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44

Fax (D):    +49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44

email:      Rainer@krugs.de

Skype:      RMkrug

PGP: 0x0F52F982

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: BUG: org-beamer-select-environment select multiple environments not working?
@ 2016-05-24 20:22 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-05-24 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> It seems that I can not longer select multiple environments at the same
> time by using org-beamer-select-environment.
>
> - I am on a header
> - I press C-c C-b
> - then C-c to enable multiple selections
> - press (b)lock and (c)olumn and both are selected
> - press [RET] to accept
> - only one gets applied (in my case column)

Aren't environments mutually exclusive?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: BUG: org-beamer-select-environment select multiple environments not working?
@ 2016-05-24 21:00   ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2016-05-24 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Hello,
>
> Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:
>
>> It seems that I can not longer select multiple environments at the same
>> time by using org-beamer-select-environment.
>>
>> - I am on a header
>> - I press C-c C-b
>> - then C-c to enable multiple selections
>> - press (b)lock and (c)olumn and both are selected
>> - press [RET] to accept
>> - only one gets applied (in my case column)
>
> Aren't environments mutually exclusive?

Not necessarily.  On the top of my head, you could have a column group
with columns inside.  This example used to be possible.  I haven't checked
now.

--
A page of history is worth a volume of logic

* Re: BUG: org-beamer-select-environment select multiple environments not working?
@ 2016-05-25  7:32     ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2016-05-25  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:
>>
>>> It seems that I can not longer select multiple environments at the same
>>> time by using org-beamer-select-environment.
>>>
>>> - I am on a header
>>> - I press C-c C-b
>>> - then C-c to enable multiple selections
>>> - press (b)lock and (c)olumn and both are selected
>>> - press [RET] to accept
>>> - only one gets applied (in my case column)
>>
>> Aren't environments mutually exclusive?

An environment per level - you might be right.
But one environment *in* another makes sense.

> Not necessarily.  On the top of my head, you could have a column group
> with columns inside.  This example used to be possible.  I haven't checked
> now.

So the proper way to do it, would than to have one block environment
encapsulated in a column environment:

** A column :B_column:
*** A Block in a column :B_block:

Makes actually sense, as a column in a block would be something different.

So there is actually no reason to be able to assign multiple
environments to an org header.

Couldn't this than be removed from the dialog?

Also: what does the ! (Groups) mean in the dialog?

Thanks,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug
email: Rainer<at>krugs<dot>de

@ 2016-05-25 20:31     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-05-25 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> Not necessarily.  On the top of my head, you could have a column group
> with columns inside.  This example used to be possible.  I haven't checked
> now.

This one is not possible anymore. A column environment implies columns.
You can also provide a columns environment explicitly, at a higher
level, e.g., to provide specific options.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: BUG: org-beamer-select-environment select multiple environments not working?
@ 2016-05-25 20:38       ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2016-05-25 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus, emacs-orgmode

Just to comment on the original attempt, block and column (which is |,
not c which is columnS) are not mutually exclusive. I just did a
presentation and used both together. I'm not sure on the use-case for
columnS, but my structure was two side by side columns in a slide:

#+begin_src org
* slide
** col1      :B_block:BMCOL:
   :PROPERTIES:
   :BEAMER_env: block
   :BEAMER_col: 0.5
   :END:

- list
- of
- items

** col2      :B_block:BMCOL:
   :PROPERTIES:
   :BEAMER_env: block
   :BEAMER_col: 0.5
   :END:

[[pic]]
#+end_src

Probably not that helpful, just wanted to clarify that some
environments are still compatible (in case someone finds this and
thinks that *all* multiple combos are not possible anymore).

John

@ 2016-05-26  7:18         ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2016-05-26  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Rasmus