* A simple org tangle and weave makefile
@ 2014-06-10 23:47 Grant Rettke
From: Grant Rettke @ 2014-06-10 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi,

My goals was to have a simple makefile to tangle and weave a document;
so org-mk was out of scope.

Just wondering; how could I have done it better?

##########
INIT=.emacs.el

$(INIT): TC3F.org
time emacs --batch --no-init-file --load .org-mode.emacs.el
--find-file TC3F.org --funcall org-babel-tangle --kill

TC3F.html: $(INIT)
time emacs --batch --no-init-file --load .org-mode.emacs.el
--find-file TC3F.org --funcall org-html-export-to-html --kill

clean:
rm $(INIT)
rm TC3F.html
##########

Kind regards,

Grant Rettke | AAAS, ACM, ASA, FSF, IEEE, SIAM, Sigma Xi
gcr@wisdomandwonder.com | http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/
“Wisdom begins in wonder.” --Socrates
((λ (x) (x x)) (λ (x) (x x)))
“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop
taking it seriously.” --ThompsonH

* Re: A simple org tangle and weave makefile
@ 2014-06-12 19:54 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2014-06-12 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Rettke; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Grant Rettke <gcr@wisdomandwonder.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> My goals was to have a simple makefile to tangle and weave a document;
> so org-mk was out of scope.
>
> Just wondering; how could I have done it better?
>
> ##########
> INIT=.emacs.el
>
> $(INIT): TC3F.org
> time emacs --batch --no-init-file --load .org-mode.emacs.el
> --find-file TC3F.org --funcall org-babel-tangle --kill
>
> TC3F.html: $(INIT)
> time emacs --batch --no-init-file --load .org-mode.emacs.el
> --find-file TC3F.org --funcall org-html-export-to-html --kill
>
> clean:
> rm $(INIT)
> rm TC3F.html
> ##########
>
> Kind regards,

I don't know if this is better, but its closer to what I use locally.

[-- Attachment #2: Makefile --]
[-- Type: text/x-make, Size: 567 bytes --]

EMACS=emacs
BATCH_EMACS=$(EMACS) --batch -Q -l init.el

%.html: %.org
	$(BATCH_EMACS) $*.org -f org-html-export-to-html

%.tex: %.org init.el
	$(BATCH_EMACS) $*.org -f org-latex-export-to-latex

%.el: %.org init.el
	$(BATCH_EMACS) $*.org -f org-babel-tangle

# two fancier alternatives to the above which provide a default file
# name and encode language information

%.el: %.org init.el
	$(BATCH_EMACS) $*.org \
	--eval '(org-babel-tangle nil "$@" (quote emacs-lisp))'

%.sh: %.org init.el
	$(BATCH_EMACS) $*.org \
	--eval '(org-babel-tangle nil "$@" (quote bash))'

--
Eric Schulte
https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte

* Re: A simple org tangle and weave makefile
@ 2014-06-19  1:17   ` Grant Rettke
From: Grant Rettke @ 2014-06-19  1:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I see. Thank you.
Grant Rettke | ACM, ASA, FSF, IEEE, SIAM

@ 2014-06-19 12:47 ` Fabrice Niessen
From: Fabrice Niessen @ 2014-06-19 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello Grant,

Grant Rettke wrote:
> My goals was to have a simple makefile to tangle and weave a document;
> so org-mk was out of scope.

If you're talking of Orgmk (on https://github.com/fniessen/orgmk),
please know that I've add a new standalone script `org-tangle'.

Just redo a `make install' so that a symlink [1] gets created to it.

For weaving, you already there are:

- org2html [OPTION] FILE
- org2latex [OPTION] FILE
- org2pdf [OPTION] FILE
- org2beamerpdf [OPTION] FILE
- org2odt [OPTION] FILE
- org2txt [OPTION] FILE

Best regards,
Fabrice

[1] Works in Windows too (that's my platform) with Cygwin.

--
Fabrice Niessen
Leuven, Belgium

* Re: A simple org tangle and weave makefile
@ 2014-07-04 15:26   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2014-07-04 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Grant Rettke

Following an older thread.

I would like to use a make file to export my document, and I am
essentially following Eric's suggestion. But I have some problems which
I did not manage to solve:

html: I would like to have syntax highlighting in the document, but I
don't manage. I have added the following

,----
| ;;Initialization of my org version
| ;; Enable org languages
| (org-babel-do-load-languages
|  'org-babel-load-languages
|  '((R . t)
|    (latex . t)
|    (sh . t)
|    (plantuml . t)
|    (emacs-lisp . t)
|    ))
|
| ;; Setup org-ref
| (require 'reftex-cite)
| (require 'dash)
| (org-babel-load-file "~/.emacs.d/org-ref/org-ref.org")
| (setq reftex-default-bibliography '("~/Documents/Mendeley/bibliography.bib"))
| (setq org-ref-default-bibliography '("~/Documents/Mendeley/bibliography.bib"))
|
| (setq org-src-fontify-natively t)
`----

to a minimal init.el which I use to initialize the emacs session using
the following in the make file:

,----
| PROJECT=prodMixStands
| EMACS=emacs
| BATCH_EMACS=$(EMACS) --batch -Q --no-desktop -l ~/.emacs.d/init.minimal.el
| html:
|         $(BATCH_EMACS) $(PROJECT).org -f org-html-export-to-html
`----

The result is still without syntax highlighting - what am I missing?

Thanks

Rainer

Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com> writes:

> Grant Rettke <gcr@wisdomandwonder.com> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> My goals was to have a simple makefile to tangle and weave a document;
>> so org-mk was out of scope.
>>
>> Just wondering; how could I have done it better?
>>
>> ##########
>> INIT=.emacs.el
>>
>> $(INIT): TC3F.org
>> time emacs --batch --no-init-file --load .org-mode.emacs.el
>> --find-file TC3F.org --funcall org-babel-tangle --kill
>>
>> TC3F.html: $(INIT)
>> time emacs --batch --no-init-file --load .org-mode.emacs.el
>> --find-file TC3F.org --funcall org-html-export-to-html --kill
>>
>> clean:
>> rm $(INIT)
>> rm TC3F.html
>> ##########
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>

> I don't know if this is better, but its closer to what I use locally.
>

> EMACS=emacs
> BATCH_EMACS=$(EMACS) --batch -Q -l init.el
>
> %.html: %.org
> 	$(BATCH_EMACS) $*.org -f org-html-export-to-html
>
> %.tex: %.org init.el
> 	$(BATCH_EMACS) $*.org -f org-latex-export-to-latex
>
> %.el: %.org init.el
> 	$(BATCH_EMACS) $*.org -f org-babel-tangle
>
> # two fancier alternatives to the above which provide a default file
> # name and encode language information
>
> %.el: %.org init.el
> 	$(BATCH_EMACS) $*.org \
> 	--eval '(org-babel-tangle nil "$@" (quote emacs-lisp))'
>
> %.sh: %.org init.el
> 	$(BATCH_EMACS) $*.org \
> 	--eval '(org-babel-tangle nil "$@" (quote bash))'
>

>> Grant Rettke | AAAS, ACM, ASA, FSF, IEEE, SIAM, Sigma Xi
>> gcr@wisdomandwonder.com | http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/
>> “Wisdom begins in wonder.” --Socrates
>> ((λ (x) (x x)) (λ (x) (x x)))
>> “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop
>> taking it seriously.” --ThompsonH

Stellenbosch University
South Africa

Tel :       +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44
Cell:       +33 - (0)6 85 62 59 98
Fax :       +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44

Fax (D):    +49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44

email:      Rainer@krugs.de

Skype:      RMkrug

PGP: 0x0F52F982

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 494 bytes --]

* Re: A simple org tangle and weave makefile
@ 2014-07-06  7:11     ` Grant Rettke
From: Grant Rettke @ 2014-07-06  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Eric Schulte

I think that I ran into the same thing and someone else explained that
the htmlize package
is required to get syntax highlighting on export.

,----
`----

On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 10:26 AM, Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> # two fancier alternatives to the above which provide a default file
>> # name and encode language information
>>
>> %.el: %.org init.el
>>       $(BATCH_EMACS) $*.org \
>>       --eval '(org-babel-tangle nil "$@" (quote emacs-lisp))'
>>
>> %.sh: %.org init.el
>>       $(BATCH_EMACS) $*.org \
>>       --eval '(org-babel-tangle nil "$@" (quote bash))'
>>

>>> Grant Rettke | AAAS, ACM, ASA, FSF, IEEE, SIAM, Sigma Xi
>>> gcr@wisdomandwonder.com | http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/
>>> “Wisdom begins in wonder.” --Socrates
>>> ((λ (x) (x x)) (λ (x) (x x)))
>>> “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop
>>> taking it seriously.” --ThompsonH
>>>

> --
> Rainer M. Krug, PhD (Conservation Ecology, SUN), MSc (Conservation Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)
>
> Centre of Excellence for Invasion Biology

* Syntax highlighting on export to html with minimal init.el WAS: A simple org tangle and weave makefile
@ 2014-07-07 16:37       ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2014-07-07 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Rettke; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Eric Schulte