* RE: Re: A nice feature to suggest
@ 2007-02-26  8:57 Egli Christian (KIRO 43)
From: Egli Christian (KIRO 43) @ 2007-02-26  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all

> Maybe not directly related, but still: what about my past suggestion
> of a static (unfoldable) but active headline?

> The syntax i suggested for it was like:

>  **: a headline

> It would be convenient when you need to store inline tasks that are
> neither proper headlines nor list items.  Such a headline wouldn't
> (un)fold, not because its content must stay invisible, but because it
> has no content.

What is the use case for this?

> Does that make sense ?

Not to me. What is this for? Makes it complicated to explain (on the
mailing list and in the manual. "Why does my node not fold"). Makes the
code complex.

Christian

* A nice feature to suggest
@ 2007-02-10  4:05 Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-02-10  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello Carsten,

In org, if a subtree has a ARCHIVE tag, it will stay collapsed in
visibility cycling. I found this functionality useful in two cases:

  - When archive location is in the same file as .org file
  - A tree with REPEATing items.

Thus, I suggest if a heading of a subtree starts with '+', it will
behave similar to a ARCHIVE tag during visibility cycling. For
example, "** +Arhived Tasks...".

Comments?