* org-entities for texinfo
@ 2012-11-11 19:53 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2012-11-11 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Aloha all,

With the new exporter's texinfo back-end, I think org-entities and
org-entities-user might usefully be augmented with the entities listed
in Chapter 14 of the texinfo manual, Special Insertions.

Or, is there some other Org mechanism that might be preferable?

All the best,
Tom

--
T.S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists
735 Bishop St, Suite 315, Honolulu, HI 96813

* Re: org-entities for texinfo
@ 2012-11-11 20:13 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-11-11 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: Org-mode

Hello,

tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> With the new exporter's texinfo back-end, I think org-entities and
> org-entities-user might usefully be augmented with the entities listed
> in Chapter 14 of the texinfo manual, Special Insertions.
>
> Or, is there some other Org mechanism that might be preferable?

AFAIU, texinfo can handle UTF-8 characters with:

  @documentencoding UTF-8

(see section 18.2 from texinfo manual). So I guess it's safe to rely
on :utf-8 entities.

However, special characters like @dots{} are usually handled with
"special strings" mechanism, directly at the plain text transcoded (see
`org-e-latex-plain-text' for example).

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: org-entities for texinfo
@ 2012-11-12 14:49   ` Jonathan Leech-Pepin