From: Jonathan Leech-Pepin <jonathan.leechpepin@gmail.com>
To: "Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.com>
Cc: Org-mode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>, Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: org-entities for texinfo
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 13:42:32 -0500	[thread overview]

On 12 November 2012 12:41, Thomas S. Dye <tsd@tsdye.com> wrote:

> Aloha Nicolas and Jon,
>
> Jonathan Leech-Pepin <jonathan.leechpepin@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > On 11 November 2012 15:13, Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> AFAIU, texinfo can handle UTF-8 characters with:
> >>
> >>   @documentencoding UTF-8
> >>
> >> (see section 18.2 from texinfo manual). So I guess it's safe to rely
> >> on :utf-8 entities.
>
> Yes, this seems to work fine. I was thinking about a back-end agnostic
> Org document, but I see that texinfo has its own suite of exporters, so
> there is no real need to export this document from Org using the other
> back-ends.

I believe most of the entities should be capable of exporting the
entities as well.

I also must stress that there's no guarantee that the texinfo exporter
will be able to generate documents that for anything other than info
use.  I haven't tested any documents with the other exporters, but I
focused on trying to provide successful export to info.