Hello, On 11 November 2012 15:13, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes: > > > With the new exporter's texinfo back-end, I think org-entities and > > org-entities-user might usefully be augmented with the entities listed > > in Chapter 14 of the texinfo manual, Special Insertions. > > > > Or, is there some other Org mechanism that might be preferable? > > AFAIU, texinfo can handle UTF-8 characters with: > > @documentencoding UTF-8 > > (see section 18.2 from texinfo manual). So I guess it's safe to rely > on :utf-8 entities. > > However, special characters like @dots{} are usually handled with > "special strings" mechanism, directly at the plain text transcoded (see > `org-e-latex-plain-text' for example). > I believe I accounted for most of the special strings that are directly transcoded in texinfo. There may be some that are missing, however they can be added directly in the document using the =@@info:@@= syntax (inline export snippets). Are there any particular pieces of synxtax that you believe would be useful to have added to org-entities that would also be useful in other backends? > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou > > Regards, -- Jon