* "Wrapping" section into LaTeX statements?
@ 2012-05-11  9:43 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2012-05-11  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

I want to wrap a section of a document into LaTeX statements, as I would like to redefine
\subsectionbreak so that it does a \pagebreak before - but *only in one section*:

* A normal section
* Here I want the redefinition
#+BEGIN_LaTeX
  \let\oldsubsection = \subsection
  \renewcommand{\subsection}[1]{
    \pagebreak{}
    \oldsubsection{#1}
  }
#+END_LaTeX
** subsection 1
** subsection 2
* And here I want to use the old sectionbreak
#+BEGIN_LaTeX
  \renewcommand{\subsection}[1]{
    \oldsubsection{#1}
  }
#+END_LaTeX
** subsection 1
** subsection 2

Now I can do this as above, but I don't like it, as the second LaTeX code actually should be at
the end of the previous section and if I insert a section, I have to move the LaTeX code.

I could put it into the previous section, but then it would be in the subsection 2, and if I add a
subsection 3, I would have to move the LaTeX code into this subsection.

So nothing is optimal - is there an alternative which makes more sense and is easier to maintain?

Thanks,

Rainer

- --
Rainer M. Krug, PhD (Conservation Ecology, SUN), MSc (Conservation Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys.
(Germany)

Stellenbosch University
South Africa

Tel :       +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44