* Tracking todo state changes AND automatically change to done when all children are done
@ 2022-08-04 14:27 Cletip Cletip
From: Cletip Cletip @ 2022-08-04 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

Hello to all,

I am trying to do what is in the title of this mail, but there is something
surprising:

Everything works perfectly well, except when inserting statistics cookies
(for the parent obviously). Indeed, when changing the state of the subtask,
the lines like this :

- State " new state" from "old state" [2022-08-04 Thu 16:09]

are not saved under the subtask, but always under the main heading.

To reproduce this curious behavior, you only need this configuration:

  (setq org-todo-keywords
        '((sequence "TODO(t!)" "|" "DONE(d!)" )))

  (defun org-summary-todo (n-done n-not-done)
    "Switch entry to DONE when all subentries are done, to TODO otherwise."
    (let (org-log-done org-log-states) ; turn off logging
      (org-todo (if (= n-not-done 0) "DONE" "TODO"))))

  (add-hook 'org-after-todo-statistics-hook 'org-summary-todo)

;;(setq org-log-into-drawer t) ;;to have a logbook

and try on an org document like this one:

* TODO heading [0/1]

- State "DONE" from "TODO" [2022-08-04 Thu 16:09]

** TODO change the state of this heading !

My org-mode version is 9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-25-gaf6f12 @
/usr/share/emacs/28.1/lisp/org/).

Thank you in advance for your answers

* Re: Tracking todo state changes AND automatically change to done when all children are done
@ 2022-08-04 15:02 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-08-04 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cletip Cletip; +Cc: Org Mode List, Bhavin Gandhi

Cletip Cletip <clement020302@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello to all,
>
> I am trying to do what is in the title of this mail, but there is something
> surprising:
>
> Everything works perfectly well, except when inserting statistics cookies
> (for the parent obviously). Indeed, when changing the state of the subtask,
> the lines like this :
>
> - State " new state" from "old state" [2022-08-04 Thu 16:09]
>
> are not saved under the subtask, but always under the main heading.

This is likely related to
https://orgmode.org/list/871qu8ccvr.fsf@localhost
CCing Bhavin.

> To reproduce this curious behavior, you only need this configuration:

Confirmed.

Something inside `org-todo' call in the hook triggers recursive-edit
that, in turn, triggers premature call to post-command-hook containing
note saving function.

Best,
Ihor

* Re: Tracking todo state changes AND automatically change to done when all children are done
@ 2022-08-04 15:12   ` Cletip Cletip
From: Cletip Cletip @ 2022-08-04 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Org Mode List, Bhavin Gandhi

So, can we consider this as a bug?

@ 2022-08-05  1:27     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-08-05  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cletip Cletip; +Cc: Org Mode List, Bhavin Gandhi

Cletip Cletip <clement020302@gmail.com> writes:

> So, can we consider this as a bug?

Yup. And the linked thread may be the fix or at least something close.

Best,
Ihor

* Re: Tracking todo state changes AND automatically change to done when all children are done
@ 2022-08-05  2:11       ` Cletip Cletip
From: Cletip Cletip @ 2022-08-05  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Org Mode List, Bhavin Gandhi

Okay, I understand. Sorry for the duplicate, I didn't see this thread.

Also, I don't understand why, but when I click on it, no site is
accessible. I tried to remove the "@localhost", also nothing.
Do you know how to follow the thread ?

Thanks you again for your help.

@ 2022-08-05  2:28         ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-08-05  2:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cletip Cletip; +Cc: Org Mode List, Bhavin Gandhi

> Okay, I understand. Sorry for the duplicate, I didn't see this thread.

No problem. It's not like that thread is obviously related. I found the
relation in the root cause, after debugging.

Also, I don't understand why, but when I click on it, no site is
> accessible. I tried to remove the "@localhost", also nothing.
> Do you know how to follow the thread ?

Copy-paste the link manually? IDK. The link works on my side.
I guess you can search "org-auto-repeat-maybe: error "Can’t expand
minibuffer to full frame" and missing log note
<https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/871qu8ccvr.fsf@localhost/#r>" subject in
https://list.orgmode.org/

@ 2022-08-05 14:22           ` Cletip Cletip
From: Cletip Cletip @ 2022-08-05 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)