* Meta : what can be sent to this mailing list ?
@ 2018-12-19 14:39 Emmanuel Charpentier
From: Emmanuel Charpentier @ 2018-12-19 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear list,

I have made five attempts in three days to post a question to this list.
Three of them may have failed due to the use of an SMTP server flagged on
one site as possible spam source. The other two has been sent via gmai. So
far, none of these message have appeared on the list, and I received no
error message.

I know tha *some* attachments are accepted (a previous question of mine
included .tex, .pdf and .org files). However, I waonder if my mails may
have been blocked by .docx and .odt attachments.

Could you let me know if some attachments are blocked by the list manager
or mail server ?

Tkanks in advance,

--
Emmanuel Charpentier

From: Kaushal Modi @ 2018-12-19 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emmanuel Charpentier; +Cc: Bastien Guerry, emacs-org list

I think that emails with attachments exceeding a certain size are blocked.

You might want to upload your attachments somewhere else, and simply link
to them in your emails sent to this list.

--
Kaushal Modi

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018, 9:40 AM Emmanuel Charpentier <
emanuel.charpentier@gmail.com wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I have made five attempts in three days to post a question to this list.
> Three of them may have failed due to the use of an SMTP server flagged on
> one site as possible spam source. The other two has been sent via gmai. So
> far, none of these message have appeared on the list, and I received no
> error message.
>
> I know tha *some* attachments are accepted (a previous question of mine
> included .tex, .pdf and .org files). However, I waonder if my mails may
> have been blocked by .docx and .odt attachments.
>
> Could you let me know if some attachments are blocked by the list manager
> or mail server ?
>
> Tkanks in advance,
>
> --
> Emmanuel Charpentier

* Re: Meta : what can be sent to this mailing list ?
@ 2018-12-19 15:04 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2018-12-19 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emmanuel Charpentier; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wednesday, 19 Dec 2018 at 15:39, Emmanuel Charpentier wrote:
> Could you let me know if some attachments are blocked by the list manager
> or mail server ?

Not that I have seen.

This email obviously got through.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.14-1035-gfeb442

@ 2018-12-19 16:04   ` Emmanuel Charpentier
From: Emmanuel Charpentier @ 2018-12-19 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thanks ! I'll make a sixth attempt...

--
Emmanuel Charpentier

@ 2018-12-20  8:17   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2018-12-20  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi; +Cc: Emmanuel Charpentier, emacs-org list

Hi Kaushal and Emmanuel,

Kaushal, thanks for the heads up.

Emmanuel, I validated the emails, they should reach the mailing list
very soon.

In general, let's do as Kaushal suggested and avoid attaching big
chunks to emails.

--
 Bastien