* return does not follow link
@ 2013-02-08 19:03 Alan E. Davis
From: Alan E. Davis @ 2013-02-08 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

My setup is extremely convoluted, I fear, so I will not submit this as a
bug report.

When I type <return> at a link to an org-mode link (it is in another file),
the following is seen in the minibuffer:

    Running less <path/filename>...done

I updated org-mode from git, and reset org-return-follows-path by
customization, and this situation persists.

Can anyone suggest where to look?

Thank you,

Alan Davis

* Re: return does not follow link
@ 2013-02-08 19:05 ` Alan E. Davis
From: Alan E. Davis @ 2013-02-08 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

By the way, even C-cC-o returns this same problem on my system.

Alan

@ 2013-02-08 19:10   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-02-08 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan E. Davis; +Cc: org-mode

Hi Alan,

"Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@gmail.com> writes:

> By the way, even C-cC-o returns this same problem on my system.

(It looks like your first message didn't make it to the list...
or maybe the server had a hiccup.)

> On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM, Alan E. Davis <lngndvs@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>     My setup is extremely convoluted, I fear, so I will not submit
>     this as a bug report.
>
>     When I type <return> at a link to an org-mode link (it is in
>     another file), the following is seen in the minibuffer:
>
>         Running less <path/filename>...done
>
>     I updated org-mode from git, and reset org-return-follows-path by
>     customization, and this situation persists.
>
>     Can anyone suggest where to look?

Where does "Running less" come from?

Can you just send a minimal.org with produces the error with emacs -Q?

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: return does not follow link
@ 2013-02-08 19:11   ` Alan E. Davis
From: Alan E. Davis @ 2013-02-08 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

Once again, I can add to the description of my problem.

Running M-x org-open-at-point also returns "Running less ..."

When using Mouse-2, a small menu appears that gives a few choices:

   Open   C-cC-o
   Open in Emacs
   Cut link
   Grep for TODOs

Clicking on Open in Emacs does the right thing.

????

Alan

@ 2013-02-08 19:16     ` Alan E. Davis
From: Alan E. Davis @ 2013-02-08 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)