* Reg: Publishing in html using property tags
@ 2011-08-14 16:13 Bodhi
From: Bodhi @ 2011-08-14 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I am trying to publish my content in html using the ID and PROPERTY tags.
But the end result is a href with no content.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Bodhisatta Barman Roy

* Re: Reg: Publishing in html using property tags
@ 2011-08-14 16:34 ` Puneeth Chaganti
From: Puneeth Chaganti @ 2011-08-14 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bodhi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bodhi,

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 9:43 PM, Bodhi <thebbroy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to publish my content in html using the ID and PROPERTY tags.
> But the end result is a href with no content.

Can you give a more detailed description of what you are trying to do?
A simplified example to replicate what you are trying to do, would be
handy.

--
Puneeth

* Re: Reg: Publishing in html using property tags
@ 2011-08-15  3:50   ` Bodhi
From: Bodhi @ 2011-08-15  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Puneeth Chaganti; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Puneeth,
Let us assume I have two files: foo.org and bar.org.
foo.bar contains:
:PROPERTIES:
:CUSTOM_ID: testing
:END:

bar.org contains
[[CUSTOM_ID:testing]]

Now, I wish to click on bar.org's link, and it should open up the file
foo.org. Is there a way to do so? To be more specific, I wish to put any
link without any relative or absolute addressing, and I should still be able
to jump to links, using some kind of invisible data base which org-mode
uses. And I wish to convert it to html for publishing these documents, using
the htmlize.el by Niksic.

Can you show me one toy example that does this efficiently, irrespective of
whether the two files are in the same directory, sub-tree or not?

@ 2011-08-15  7:09     ` Puneeth Chaganti
From: Puneeth Chaganti @ 2011-08-15  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bodhi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bodhi,

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Bodhi <thebbroy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Puneeth,
> Let us assume I have two files: foo.org and bar.org.
> foo.bar contains:
> :PROPERTIES:
> :CUSTOM_ID: testing
> :END:
>
> bar.org contains
> [[CUSTOM_ID:testing]]
>
> Now, I wish to click on bar.org's link, and it should open up the file
> foo.org. Is there a way to do so? To be more specific, I wish to put any
> link without any relative or absolute addressing, and I should still be able
> to jump to links, using some kind of invisible data base which org-mode
> uses. And I wish to convert it to html for publishing these documents, using
> the htmlize.el by Niksic.

To be able to do this, you should let org-mode create a universal ID
for the heading that you want to link to.  The following steps should
help you do this.

1. Make sure you have the org-id module loaded.
   : (require 'org-id)
2. In the file foo.org, go to the first heading (presuming that's the
   heading you want to link to).
3. Call the function =org-store-link=.
   : M-x org-store-link
4. Go to the location in bar.org, where you want to insert the link.
5. Call the function =org-insert-link=.
   : M-x org-insert-link
   Use the arrow keys to select the link you want to insert, from the
   list.

HTH,
Puneeth

* Re: Reg: Publishing in html using property tags
@ 2011-08-15  8:14       ` Bodhi
From: Bodhi @ 2011-08-15  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Puneeth Chaganti; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dear Puneeth,
The org-mode link works magically. Thanks!
But the same doesn't work for the generated html page.
The pages get built, and the ID gets created, the html href contains that
unique ID, but the browser is unable to load foo.html from the link in
bar.html.

Did you get any success on that front? Any ideas? I'm running org-mode 7.4.

@ 2011-08-16 17:20         ` Puneeth Chaganti
From: Puneeth Chaganti @ 2011-08-16 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bodhi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Bodhi <thebbroy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Puneeth,
> The org-mode link works magically. Thanks!
> But the same doesn't work for the generated html page.
> The pages get built, and the ID gets created, the html href contains that
> unique ID, but the browser is unable to load foo.html from the link in
> bar.html.
>
> Did you get any success on that front? Any ideas? I'm running org-mode 7.4.

If both the files are exported, it seems to work, doesn't it?
Make sure both, foo.org and bar.org are exported.

--
Puneeth

* Re: Reg: Publishing in html using property tags
@ 2011-08-16 17:31           ` Bodhi
From: Bodhi @ 2011-08-16 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Puneeth Chaganti; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nope. No luck. :(
Both files are exported, because I can individually access foo.html and
bar.html.

@ 2011-08-16 17:37             ` Puneeth Chaganti
From: Puneeth Chaganti @ 2011-08-16 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bodhi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 11:01 PM, Bodhi <thebbroy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nope. No luck. :(
> Both files are exported, because I can individually access foo.html and
> bar.html.

Where does the link in foo.html point to? Can you send the sample
files that you are using? Or a simplified version of them?

--
Puneeth

* Re: Reg: Publishing in html using property tags
@ 2011-08-17  3:21               ` Bodhi
From: Bodhi @ 2011-08-17  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Puneeth Chaganti; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Here you go.

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 11:07 PM, Puneeth Chaganti <punchagan@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 11:01 PM, Bodhi <thebbroy@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Nope. No luck. :(
> > Both files are exported, because I can individually access foo.html and
> > bar.html.
>
> Where does the link in foo.html point to? Can you send the sample
> files that you are using? Or a simplified version of them?
>
> --
> Puneeth

Bodhisatta Barman Roy

[-- Attachment #2: foo.org --]

#+TITLE: Foo
#+STARTUP: overview   (others are showall)
#+STARTUP: hidestars inlineimages indent
#+TAGS:  appt(a) bank(b) email(e) phone(p) URGENT(u)
#+FILETAGS: :fin:

* headline 1
:PROPERTIES:
:ID: 5E58A8EE-0DFC-4D05-BA53-D6B969919049
:END:

In file b I am inserting

here is the [[id:5E58A8EE-0DFC-4D05-BA53-D6B969919049][headline 1]]

* Testing
:PROPERTIES:
:ID: testing
:END:

 Open [[file:bar.org]] to see link to testing

* Testing radio targets

foo and bar are commonly used variable names in programming    bar is less common

* Glossary

 - <<<foo>>> the name of a variable.

 - <<<bar>>> another variable

[-- Attachment #3: bar.org --]

#+title:  Bar

here is the [[id:5E58A8EE-0DFC-4D05-BA53-D6B969919049][headline 1]]
Goto [[id:testing]]

* Re: Reg: Publishing in html using property tags
@ 2011-08-17  4:04                 ` Puneeth Chaganti
From: Puneeth Chaganti @ 2011-08-17  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bodhi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Bodhi <thebbroy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here you go.

I'm not able to make my org-mode use the PROPERTY ID that's already
been defined by you. I got rid of it and created a new ID. The export
works for me.  I tested with realease_7.4 without any of my
customizations. (`emacs -Q`).  I don't know what could be wrong with
your setup.

But, I noticed one thing. Your IDs had capital alphabets, where as my
ID never gets capital alphabets.  I don't think this should be the
cause of the problem, but that's the only difference I could notice.

Can someone with more knowledge about org-id and the html export help?

--
Puneeth

* Re: Reg: Publishing in html using property tags
@ 2011-08-17  9:19                   ` Bodhi
From: Bodhi @ 2011-08-17  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Puneeth Chaganti; +Cc: emacs-orgmode