* migration difficulties latex org
@ 2013-12-29  6:46 Joseph Vidal-Rosset
From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset @ 2013-12-29  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode list

Hello everyone,

This is an email of a newbie in org-mode . I would be very happy to use
org-mode in order to be able to write text of papers easily convertible to
 latex files, html files, odt files, and beamer files as well. It seems to
me that org-mode offers a powerful exporting tool in these differents file
formats.

Unfortunately, habits taken in writing paper in latex formats are not so
easy to give up and I meet difficultie in this migration. I mention here my
more obvious difficulties and I will be thankfull for your help , if these
difficulties have solutions.

The first difficulty is in the key binding C-e . With emacs for latex the
command C-e gives the choice of environnment , and it is replaced in
org-mode by CD-Latex and C-c {  ; therefore, I agree,  it would not be a
real problem.

But, second problem the highliting syntax  of latex disappears in org-mode.
A solution has been given by Eric S Fraga in this message:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-03/msg01898.html

It works fine. But I wonder if there is a key binding to get first the void
block in one command line :

#+begin_src latex :exports results :results latex

#+end_src

in order to use after CD-Latex inside this org-mode block

Every good and easy solution to write papers in org-mode format instead of
latex format in order to get easy exports will be welcome.

To everyone, a very nice end of year !

Best wishes,

Jo.

* Re: migration difficulties latex org
@ 2013-12-29 15:14 ` Alexander Baier
From: Alexander Baier @ 2013-12-29 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Vidal-Rosset; +Cc: emacs-orgmode list

On 2013-12-29 07:46 Joseph Vidal-Rosset wrote:
> Hello everyone,

[...]

> But I wonder if there is a key binding to get first the void
> block in one command line :
>
> #+begin_src latex :exports results :results latex
>

> #+end_src
>
> in order to use after CD-Latex inside this org-mode block

What exactly do you want to do?  Do you want to insert above mentioned
source block into your buffer?  Something like a snippet?

This is already included in org-mode and is known as "Easy
Templates". Take a look at the manual (info "(Org) Easy Templates").  If
you need help with configuring this, let us know.

HTH,
--
 Alexander Baier

* Re: migration difficulties latex org