* citations not incoprporated from bib file when exporting from .org to pdflatex
@ 2016-06-27 11:20 David Abernethy
From: David Abernethy @ 2016-06-27 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I am exporting a file stroke.org using the bibliography file stroke.bib in the same directory
The citations are not being incorporated into the pdf file

An example from stroke.log: LaTeX Warning: Citation `Drummond:2014aa' on page 2 undefined on input line 71.

The header for stroke.org is:
#+LATEX_CLASS: article
#+BIBLIOGRAPHY: stroke vancouver option:-d

My emacs is from MacPorts  GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin15.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1404.46)
 of 2016-05-01 on teneleven-slave.macports.org

My .emacs file contains
(setq org-latex-pdf-process '("latexmk -pdflatex='pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode' -pdf -bibtex -f %f"))

Org-mode version 8.3.4 (8.3.4-93-g0d72c3-elpaplus (I updated it as suggested here http://orgmode.org/elpa.html <http://orgmode.org/elpa.html> but it made no difference)
I’m using TexLive 2016 with fully up to date packages

Here is the preamble from stroke.tex (no mention of the .bib file)
% Created 2016-06-27 Mon 22:50
\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
..
\usepackage{wrapfig}
\author{David Abernethy}
\date{\today}
\title{}
\hypersetup{
pdfauthor={David Abernethy},
pdfcreator={Emacs 24.5.1 (Org mode 8.3.4)},..}
\begin{document}

My set up (Latex header in the .org file and .bib file with the .emacs entry) used to work for this file but I have probably updated emacs since.
Can anyone see what is wrong?  help much appreciated

David

* citations not incoprporated from bib file when exporting from .org to pdflatex
@ 2016-06-28 10:51 David Abernethy
From: David Abernethy @ 2016-06-28 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I am exporting a file stroke.org <http://stroke.org/> using the bibliography file stroke.bib in the same directory

The header for stroke.org <http://stroke.org/> is:

 of 2016-05-01 on teneleven-slave.macports.org <http://teneleven-slave.macports.org/>

@ 2016-06-28 19:08 David Abernethy
From: David Abernethy @ 2016-06-28 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I am exporting a file stroke.org <http://stroke.org/> using the bibliography file stroke.bib in the same directory
The citations are not being incorporated into the pdf file and there is no reference to the .bib file in the intermediate stroke.tex output

[...]

My set up (Latex header in the .org file and .bib file with the .emacs entry) used to work for this file but I have probably updated emacs and org via macports since.
Can anyone see what is wrong?  help much appreciated

David

* Re: citations not incoprporated from bib file when exporting from .org to pdflatex
@ 2016-07-01 12:21 ` David Abernethy
From: David Abernethy @ 2016-07-01 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I eventually stumbled on the solution to my problem:

I restructured my document removing the #+BIBLIOGRAPHY: bib-file style statement which no longer seems to work, placing the LateX commands to specify the bibliography at the end of the file:

#+LATEX_CLASS: article
#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage[margin=0.5in]{geometry}
#+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [12pt]

* Objectives
* Stroke care guidelines

#+LATEX: \bibliographystyle{vancouver}
#+LATEX: \bibliography{stroke}

I have this in .emacs to ensure the triple compilation required:
(setq org-latex-pdf-process '("latexmk -pdflatex='pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode' -pdf -bibtex -f %f”))

I have not been able to find any guidance on how to deal with this change in behaviour by org-mode so post this for others to save them the many hours I wasted when I have a deadline to meet

@ 2016-07-22 11:45   ` timor
From: timor @ 2016-07-22 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Abernethy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I am actually using the #+BIBLIOGRAPHY: functionality.  I know that
the functionality lies in ox-bibtex.el. I think a (require 'ox-bibtex)
after loading org-mode did the trick.

cheers,
timor