* agenda-ignore-date and version number
@ 2010-07-29  7:49 Jörg Hagmann
From: Jörg Hagmann @ 2010-07-29  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode

  Hi,

Two questions:

1. I want to exclude Tags with dates in the agenda and did set "Org
Agenda Todo Ignore With Date" to "on". Upon "C-c a M mytag", todos with
dates still do appear. (Yes, I saved the new setting). Did I
misunderstand something?

2. Since 7.01, M-x org-version always reports "Org-mode version
7.01trans" after a "git pull | make clean | make | make install | make
install-info" sequence. How can I be sure that my installation really
gets updated? And why do others report detailed version numbers (after
"trans"), not just "trans"? Do they use a different command?

I reinstalled a new Emacs (Emacsformacosx, version 23.2) and made a new
org-mode repository, but that didn't change anything.

Thanks for enlightenment, Jörg

* Re: agenda-ignore-date and version number
@ 2010-07-29 11:37 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2010-07-29 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jörg Hagmann; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode

Jörg Hagmann <joerg.hagmann@unibas.ch> writes:

> 2. Since 7.01, M-x org-version always reports "Org-mode version
> 7.01trans" after a "git pull | make clean | make | make install | make
> install-info" sequence. How can I be sure that my installation really
> gets updated? And why do others report detailed version numbers (after
> "trans"), not just "trans"? Do they use a different command?

It is the same M-x org-version command.  If you are running org-mode
from a git repository and git is available in your path then the M-x
org-version command will report the current commit you are at as part of
the version information.

Org-mode version 7.01trans (release_7.01g.37.g3ee6)

The 7.01trans is the version number in the emacs lisp source files.  The
'trans' part indicates it is the development branch sometime after the
latest 7.01 release.  The git describe output (release_7.01g.37.g3ee6)
just gives precise details of exactly where you are in the repository.

The reported git release version is always the commit you have currently
checked out.  If you are running older compiled sources then it will
report incorrect information -- you're really running the older compiled
version even though your current checkout is something else.  You can
reload your version with M-x org-reload and C-u M-x org-reload (to run
from source files, not compiled versions if they exist)

HTH,
Bernt

* Re: agenda-ignore-date and version number
@ 2010-08-01 18:43 ` David Maus
From: David Maus @ 2010-08-01 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jörg Hagmann; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode