* Personal notes in org/beamer presentation
@ 2015-09-13 10:08 Giacomo M
From: Giacomo M @ 2015-09-13 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,
where would you write personal (not to be exported) notes in an
org/beamer presentation?
In a :noexport: subtree? How would you conveniently review them?

Thanks,

Giacomo

* Re: Personal notes in org/beamer presentation
@ 2015-09-13 10:23 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-09-13 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Giacomo M <jackjackk@gmail.com> writes:

> where would you write personal (not to be exported) notes in an
> org/beamer presentation?
> In a :noexport: subtree? How would you conveniently review them?

You could use the B_Note and B_noteNH properties/tags and set how they are
exported with beamer.  AFAIK, beamer notes can be printed on the right
slide, separately or not at all.  See the beamer manual for details.

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--
If you can mix business and politics wonderful things can happen!

* Re: Personal notes in org/beamer presentation
@ 2015-09-13 10:41   ` Giacomo M
From: Giacomo M @ 2015-09-13 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dear Ramsus, thanks for the hint.
That led me to find the snippet
:PROPERTIES:
:BEAMER_env: note
:END:

to add to the notes subtree, which in combination w/ a "notes" beamer class
option creates an additional slide w/ notes.

Alone, "B_note" used as a tag didn't work, but I'm surely using it wrongly.

Thanks a lot,

Giacomo

@ 2015-09-13 11:13     ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-09-13 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Giacomo M <jackjackk@gmail.com> writes:

> Dear Ramsus, thanks for the hint.
> That led me to find the snippet
> :PROPERTIES:
> :BEAMER_env: note
> :END:
>
> to add to the notes subtree, which in combination w/ a "notes" beamer class
> option creates an additional slide w/ notes.
>
> Alone, "B_note" used as a tag didn't work, but I'm surely using it wrongly.

No, the tag is a hint for you (and maybe sparse trees).  In general,
properties are used for such things (ox-koma-script and :(no)export: being
the main exceptions, I think).

However, once you use org-beamer-mode and annotate your headlines with
org-beamer-select-environment (typically, C-c C-b) both the property and
the tag should be inserted for you.

Rasmus

--
Don't panic!!!

* Re: Personal notes in org/beamer presentation
@ 2015-09-14  8:35       ` Giacomo M
From: Giacomo M @ 2015-09-14  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks a lot for the C-c C-b tip! One more question: is there a way to
setup two pdf export profiles, one for the pdf w/ notes and one for that
w/o notes?

@ 2015-09-14 10:08         ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-09-14 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jackjackk; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Giacomo M <jackjackk@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks a lot for the C-c C-b tip! One more question: is there a way to
> setup two pdf export profiles, one for the pdf w/ notes and one for that
> w/o notes?

Yeah, it should be possible for instance with a babel block, running
org-beamer-export-to-pdf twice with a replace-in-buffer in between.

A more elegant solution might be to use a filter and do it automatically
when exporting beamer slides if note headings are present.

It should all be possible, though I don't have a canned solution at hand
presently.  Let us know if you need help on this.

Rasmus

--
This message is brought to you by the department of redundant departments