* Export (sometimes) skips sections without preceding blank line
@ 2017-11-25 12:18 Ken Mankoff
From: Ken Mankoff @ 2017-11-25 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hi Org list,

I'm wondering if anyone else experiences LaTeX export skipping sections. It appears to be related to no blank lines after code RESULT blocks? Using emacs -Q on version 9.1.3.

The following MWE does *not* export subsection "Two".

* Skipping Exports
** One								   :noexport:
#+BEGIN_SRC sh :results verbatim :eval no-export
echo "hello, world"
#+END_SRC
#+RESULTS:
: hello, world
** Two
Good bye cruel world

It also doesn't export if the results are wrapped in a #+BEGIN_example block.

It does export it if there is a blank line before "* Two", but the blank line is not required - for example, if the preceding line is "#+END_SRC" but there is no blank line, it does export (but not #+END_example).

  -k.

* Re: Export (sometimes) skips sections without preceding blank line
@ 2017-11-25 13:44 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-11-25 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Mankoff; +Cc: Org Mode

Hello,

Ken Mankoff <mankoff@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Org list,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone else experiences LaTeX export skipping sections. It appears to be related to no blank lines after code RESULT blocks? Using emacs -Q on version 9.1.3.
>
> The following MWE does *not* export subsection "Two".
>
> * Skipping Exports
> ** One								   :noexport:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC sh :results verbatim :eval no-export
> echo "hello, world"
> #+END_SRC
>
> #+RESULTS:
> : hello, world
> ** Two
> Good bye cruel world
>
> It also doesn't export if the results are wrapped in a #+BEGIN_example
> block.

I cannot reproduce it. You may want to double-check your configuration.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Export (sometimes) skips sections without preceding blank line
@ 2017-11-25 13:51 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2017-11-25 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Mankoff; +Cc: Org Mode

On Saturday, 25 Nov 2017 at 13:18, Ken Mankoff wrote:
> Hi Org list,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone else experiences LaTeX export skipping
> sections. It appears to be related to no blank lines after code RESULT
> blocks? Using emacs -Q on version 9.1.3.
>
> The following MWE does *not* export subsection "Two".

It works for me both with the version noted in my signature (a few days
old) and with the current version from git.

I exported to text and subsection two was there in the export.
--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.3-170-g51234f

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Export (sometimes) skips sections without preceding blank line
@ 2017-11-25 17:44   ` Ken Mankoff
From: Ken Mankoff @ 2017-11-25 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi Nicolas,

I'm not sure we ran the same test. The version I thought I posted and that I see in GMail, my mu4e sent-mail, and the mailing list archives on gmane does not have an empty line between "#+END_SRC" and "#+RESULTS:". The version you replied to appears to have a blank line I did not post.

On 2017-11-25 at 13:44, Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:
>> * Skipping Exports
>> ** One								   :noexport:
>>
>> #+BEGIN_SRC sh :results verbatim :eval no-export
>> echo "hello, world"
>> #+END_SRC
>>
>> #+RESULTS:
>> : hello, world
>> ** Two
>> Good bye cruel world

If I run your version it does work. I need a blank line either before "#+RESULTS:" or before "** Two". Or as previously stated no RESULTS section and no blank line also works.

I'm testing this with the following MWE:

1) Launching Emacs -Q with this:

open -n -a EmacsMac.app --args --debug-init -Q --eval="(add-to-list 'load-path \"~/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171120\")"

2) Visiting test.org which contains this:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results value
(org-version nil t)
#+END_SRC
#+RESULTS:
: Org mode version 9.1.3 (9.1.3-2-g322612-elpa @ /Users/kdm/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171120/)

* Skipping Exports
** One                                                             :noexport:
#+BEGIN_SRC sh :results verbatim :eval no-export
echo "hello, world"
#+END_SRC
#+RESULTS:
: hello, world
** Two
Good bye cruel world

3) Exporting via C-e l L to a LaTeX buffer which contains the header plus this:

\begin{document}

\tableofcontents

\begin{verbatim}
(org-version nil t)
\end{verbatim}
\section{Skipping Exports}
\label{sec:orge984613}
\end{document}

* Re: Export (sometimes) skips sections without preceding blank line
@ 2017-11-25 18:03     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2017-11-25 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Mankoff; +Cc: Org Mode, Nicolas Goaziou

On Saturday, 25 Nov 2017 at 18:44, Ken Mankoff wrote:
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> I'm not sure we ran the same test. The version I thought I posted and
> that I see in GMail, my mu4e sent-mail, and the mailing list archives
> on gmane does not have an empty line between "#+END_SRC" and
> "#+RESULTS:". The version you replied to appears to have a blank line
> I did not post.

Confirmed: if there is no blank line between end_src and results, the
second subsection is not exported.

--

@ 2017-11-25 20:14     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-11-25 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Mankoff; +Cc: Org Mode

Ken Mankoff <mankoff@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm testing this with the following MWE:
>
> 1) Launching Emacs -Q with this:
>
> open -n -a EmacsMac.app --args --debug-init -Q --eval="(add-to-list 'load-path \"~/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171120\")"
>
> 2) Visiting test.org which contains this:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results value
> (org-version nil t)
> #+END_SRC
>
> #+RESULTS:
> : Org mode version 9.1.3 (9.1.3-2-g322612-elpa @ /Users/kdm/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171120/)
>
> * Skipping Exports
> ** One                                                             :noexport:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC sh :results verbatim :eval no-export
> echo "hello, world"
> #+END_SRC
> #+RESULTS:
> : hello, world
> ** Two
> Good bye cruel world
>

> 3) Exporting via C-e l L to a LaTeX buffer which contains the header plus this:
>

> \begin{document}
>
> \tableofcontents
>
> \begin{verbatim}
> (org-version nil t)