* Toggle headline underlining in text export?
@ 2021-02-16 10:00 Loris Bennett
From: Loris Bennett @ 2021-02-16 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I have an Org file which I export to a text file.  A separate program I
have written then uses this text file as the body of an email which is
sent to a number of people.

The problem I have is that the underlining of the headlines is much
longer than the headline text itself if a proportional font is used to
view the email.  As most of the recipients will probably not be using a
fixed-width font for their mail clients, I would like to be able to
toggle the underlining and just rely on the numbering of the headlines.

I'd didn't find anything which seemed relevant here

  https://orgmode.org/manual/Export-Settings.html

so is this possible?  Is there a (better) alternative?

Cheers,

Loris