Hello, ** Loris Bennett [2021-02-16 11:00:08 +0100]: > Hi, > I have an Org file which I export to a text file. A separate program I > have written then uses this text file as the body of an email which is > sent to a number of people. > The problem I have is that the underlining of the headlines is much > longer than the headline text itself if a proportional font is used to > view the email. This contradicts a bit to first paragraph. I would assume that you export to text format to send email message as plain text. > As most of the recipients will probably not be using a fixed-width font for > their mail clients, And this assumes that they are fine with html messages otherwise they would use fixed-width font. > I would like to be able to toggle the underlining and just rely on the > numbering of the headlines. > I'd didn't find anything which seemed relevant here > https://orgmode.org/manual/Export-Settings.html > so is this possible? Is there a (better) alternative? May be send them a html message? > Cheers, > Loris --- WBR, Vladimir Lomov -- To get something clean, one has to get something dirty. To get something dirty, one does not have to get anything clean.