* Sort error [9.0.9 (9.0.9-88-g251f88-elpa @ /home/someone/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170821/)]
@ 2017-08-28  8:15 Allen Choong
From: Allen Choong @ 2017-08-28  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Expect to sort the items according to "todo order" which has no issue previously. But now it fails. Not only "todo order" but also "alpha", "numeric", and so on, except "clocking".

With a file contains this,

==============

* test
** TODO test2
** DONE test3
   CLOSED: [2017-08-28 Mon 15:51]
** test4

==============

I put my cursor at "*test", and do a "C-c ^" (org-sort), then type "o" (todo(o)rder), but is shows

```

org-sort-entries: Symbol’s function definition is void: org-clocking-buffer

```

However, if I do the sorting with "clocking" first, then all the other sort will work fine, until I restart the emacs.

Regards,
Allen

* Re: Sort error [9.0.9 (9.0.9-88-g251f88-elpa @ /home/someone/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170821/)]
@ 2017-08-29 22:16 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-08-29 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Allen Choong; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

Allen Choong <allencch@hotmail.com> writes:

> Expect to sort the items according to "todo order" which has no issue previously. But now it fails. Not only "todo order" but also "alpha", "numeric", and so on, except "clocking".
>

> With a file contains this,
>
> ==============
>
> * test
> ** TODO test2
> ** DONE test3
>    CLOSED: [2017-08-28 Mon 15:51]
> ** test4
>
> ==============
>
> I put my cursor at "*test", and do a "C-c ^" (org-sort), then type "o" (todo(o)rder), but is shows
>

> ```
>
> org-sort-entries: Symbol’s function definition is void: org-clocking-buffer
>
> ```
>

> However, if I do the sorting with "clocking" first, then all the other
> sort will work fine, until I restart the emacs.

Fixed. Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Sort error [9.0.9 (9.0.9-88-g251f88-elpa @ /home/someone/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170821/)]
@ 2017-09-02  3:23   ` Adam Porter
From: Adam Porter @ 2017-09-02  3:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Curious, I see that the functions org-clocking-buffer and
org-clock-is-active are identical.  Should one of these be a deprecated
alias?

* Re: Sort error [9.0.9 (9.0.9-88-g251f88-elpa @ /home/someone/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170821/)]
@ 2017-09-02  7:55     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-09-02  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Porter; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net> writes:

> Curious, I see that the functions org-clocking-buffer and
> org-clock-is-active are identical.  Should one of these be a deprecated
> alias?

Indeed, I noticed the same.

This could be a first step, but we should also move all "org-clock-"
prefixed variables and functions (around line 4518 in "org.el") in
"org-clock.el", for clarity. There's no reason to have them clutter
"org.el".

Do you want to have a stab at it?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Sort error [9.0.9 (9.0.9-88-g251f88-elpa @ /home/someone/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170821/)]
@ 2017-09-03  1:12       ` Adam Porter
From: Adam Porter @ 2017-09-03  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nicolas,

> Hello,
>
> Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net> writes:
>
>> Curious, I see that the functions org-clocking-buffer and
>> org-clock-is-active are identical.  Should one of these be a deprecated
>> alias?
>
> Indeed, I noticed the same.
>
> This could be a first step, but we should also move all "org-clock-"
> prefixed variables and functions (around line 4518 in "org.el") in
> "org-clock.el", for clarity. There's no reason to have them clutter
> "org.el".
>
> Do you want to have a stab at it?

Yeah, I thought it was strange that they weren't in org-clock.el.

I'll put this on my todo list, but I probably won't get to it soon.  :)

Thanks.