* Emacs 21.4.1 support
@ 2009-09-14 17:45 Jing Su @ Gmail
From: Jing Su @ Gmail @ 2009-09-14 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi guys,

I was wondering how to install org-mode for Emacs 21.4.1, which is the
latest version provided by RHEL 5 and RHEL 4. I even cannot find
previous releases for Emacs 21 at all, nor on the FAQ. It looks that
Emacs 21 is no longer supported.

I fully understand that Emacs 21 is way out of date. However, since RHEL
is one of the mainstream commercial distros, and is common on servers,
it would be great if org-mode can be consistent with such ``industrial
standard'' (which is always way out of date :S ). System administrators
will take risk to install unofficial org-mode, but most of them won't
risk the whole server, i.e., risk their necks, for a newer but
unofficial (according to RH) Emacs version.

Thanks a lot and best regards :)

Jing

Jing Su
PhD, Biomedical Engineering