From: Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de>
To: Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Re: Org-mode screencasts
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 14:06:31 +0200	[thread overview]

Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:
> Unfortunately neither istanbul nor recordmydesktop work properly on my
> twinview desktop : both are very very slow and flickery.
>
> What is the current concensus for screencasting with Linux : hopefully
> with some sort of ability to show the keys pressed and an easy way to
> annotate the video?

Wink let's you annotate the video and works quite well, once you know
what _not_ to do.  Save often is a good idea.  It does not compile on my
system without some work, since it still uses Qt3.

Screenkey shows the keys. It works very well here.

For creating and editing videos, I'm currently trying OpenShot.  It's
dead simple to use.  It lets you use images too, so one could go and use
images for annotations or even create a video from screenshots and other
images.  This has the advantage that you can read the fonts later on.

 Sebastian