* Updating OrgMode
@ 2007-11-14  9:12 Graham Smith
From: Graham Smith @ 2007-11-14  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I am returning to emacs after a brief try out some time ago. As Org-mode is
now part of the distribution I'm no longer too sure how to update it. Before
I had a folder for Org-mode that my .emacs file pointed to and I just copied
all the new files into that folder.

I have replaced the main org.el in the Emacs textmodes directory, which is
now launching from Emacs as 5.13i, but I'm not sure what I should be doing
with the other files

I'm on Windows and haven't been compiling the lisp files.

I also now realise how much I had to learn to get Emacs working and that
I've forgotten it all. However as org.mode is one of the main reasons for
coming back to Emacs, I would appreciate a bit of quick help to get me up
and running again.

Many thanks,

Graham

* Updating orgmode
@ 2012-06-08  1:09 Vikas Rawal
       [not found] ` <uvh8a9x1fu.ln2@news.c0t0d0s0.de>
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2012-06-08  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have a debian system. I am trying to update orgmode using git. But
M-x org-version continues to show me version 7.7. How do I find where
is it picking up this version from? It seems to me that this is the
default version that shipped with my emacs. Debian repository has a
more updated version (7.8.09) in its repositories. But I do not see
much point in install it.

I could compile org correctly. The compiler seems to have installed
orgmode in /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org. But somehow emacs does not
seem to be picking it  up from there.

Will much appreciate help.

Thanks,

Vikas