Bastien, Thanks but that is roughly what I "think" I was doing and didn't work. I have a directory called "emacsaddins" with a subdirectory called "Orgmode". Together with lines in .emacs to load and require orgmode from that directory. In the past I have just overwritten the contents of the "Orgmode" directory with the latest release and that has then been the version then loaded in Emacs. On this occasion I over wrote the contents of the orgmode directory with 5.13i, but Emacs still loaded 4.67. hence my question about updating because what I was doing in the past didn't work. Which I assumed was because OrgMode was part of Emacs now. Having said that the lines in my .emac is slightly different. (add-to-list 'load-path "C:\\Program Files\\EmacAddIns\\org-mode") (require 'org) but this seemed to work in the past I'm afraid I don't know how to use the script you have attached :-( Sorry I'm being so dim Graham On 14/11/2007, Bastien wrote: > > Hi Graham, > > "Graham Smith" writes: > > > I am returning to emacs after a brief try out some time ago. As Org-mode > > is now part of the distribution I'm no longer too sure how to update > > it. Before I had a folder for Org-mode that my .emacs file pointed to > > and I just copied all the new files into that folder. > > Welcome back to Emacs :) > > Unless you're using Emacs CVS, it's likely that you want to download the > whole Org package every now and then, and make sure you are using org.el > that comes with it. > > To get the latest Org distribution, I am using Pete's script (attached). > Please have a look at it; you certainly want to modify variables to make > it work in your environment. > > > To load the most recent org.el, always put it in the same location and > add this location to your load-path in ~/.emacs: > > (add-to-list 'load-path "~/elisp/testing/org/") > > Then doing a simple (require 'org-install) somewhere after this should > do the trick. It will override any org.el that you might already have > in your .../emacs/lisp/ directory. > > HTH, > > -- > Bastien > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode > > >