* How to markup verbatim code including = and ~?
@ 2013-03-02 23:05 Nathaniel Cunningham
From: Nathaniel Cunningham @ 2013-03-02 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'd like to incorporate some scraps of code in an org file.  These scraps
include both ~ and =, the markers for verbatim text and code.

I used customize-variable org-emphasis-alist to change the symbols to mark
verbatim text, but without success; adding unusual symbols broke LaTeX
export of the org file, and swapping the underline and verbatim symbols had
no effect (code marked _like so_ was still underlined instead of made
verbatim).

Advice would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Nathaniel

p.s. I don't subscribe to this list, so please include my email in
reponses. Thanks!

* Re: How to markup verbatim code including = and ~?
@ 2013-03-03  1:58 ` Nathaniel Cunningham
From: Nathaniel Cunningham @ 2013-03-03  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Alright, I solved my own problem.
I was able to get verbatim working with a unicode symbol (√) as delimeter,
by editing both org-emphasis-alist and org-export-latex-emphasis-alist.
Cheers!
--Nathaniel

@ 2013-03-03  8:54   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-03-03  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathaniel Cunningham; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Nathaniel Cunningham <nathaniel.cunningham@gmail.com> writes:

> Alright, I solved my own problem.
> I was able to get verbatim working with a unicode symbol (√) as delimeter,
> by editing both org-emphasis-alist and org-export-latex-emphasis-alist.
> Cheers!

FYI, modifying `org-emphasis-alist' will not be compatible with export
in Org 8.0 (the parser assumes there's a fixed set of emphasis markers).

Nicolas Goaziou