I'd like to incorporate some scraps of code in an org file. These scraps include both ~ and =, the markers for verbatim text and code. I used customize-variable org-emphasis-alist to change the symbols to mark verbatim text, but without success; adding unusual symbols broke LaTeX export of the org file, and swapping the underline and verbatim symbols had no effect (code marked _like so_ was still underlined instead of made verbatim). Advice would be appreciated! Thanks, Nathaniel p.s. I don't subscribe to this list, so please include my email in reponses. Thanks!