Alright, I solved my own problem. I was able to get verbatim working with a unicode symbol (√) as delimeter, by editing both org-emphasis-alist and org-export-latex-emphasis-alist. Cheers! --Nathaniel On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Nathaniel Cunningham < nathaniel.cunningham@gmail.com> wrote: > I'd like to incorporate some scraps of code in an org file. These scraps > include both ~ and =, the markers for verbatim text and code. > > I used customize-variable org-emphasis-alist to change the symbols to mark > verbatim text, but without success; adding unusual symbols broke LaTeX > export of the org file, and swapping the underline and verbatim symbols had > no effect (code marked _like so_ was still underlined instead of made > verbatim). > > Advice would be appreciated! > Thanks, > Nathaniel > > p.s. I don't subscribe to this list, so please include my email in > reponses. Thanks! >