* export to odt, eqnarray and align are not supported
@ 2018-06-15  8:20 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2018-06-15  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

Maybe there is something odd in my configuration, but I cannot export
the following minimal example to odt, with the equation correctly
translated, and I don't know how to debug it.

* Statistics

\begin{eqnarray}
      H_0&=& \mu_{C1}-\mu_{C2}=0\\
      H_a&=& \mu_{C1}-\mu_{C2} >  0\\
\end{eqnarray}

\begin{align}
      H_0&= \mu_{C1}-\mu_{C2}=0\\
      H_a&= \mu_{C1}-\mu_{C2} >  0
\end{align}

The odt file I obtain looks like

Uwe Brauer

[-- Attachment #2: testodt.odt --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text, Size: 10095 bytes --]

* Re: export to odt, eqnarray and align are not supported
@ 2018-06-15  8:52 ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2018-06-15  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>>> "Uwe" == Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

   > Hi

   > Maybe there is something odd in my configuration, but I cannot export
   > the following minimal example to odt, with the equation correctly
   > translated, and I don't know how to debug it.

Sigh

(describe-variable 'org-latex-to-mathml-jar-file)
(describe-variable 'org-latex-to-mathml-convert-command)

Both a set to nil, but even if I try dvipng via

Or           #+OPTIONS: tex:imagemagick

The math, even equations are inserted verbatim, that is really odd.
The minibuffer tells me that the png are generated and indeed there are,
but they are not inserted in the odt file using as  org-export-dispatch
and then chosing odt.

This is all very odd.

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: export to odt, eqnarray and align are not supported
@ 2018-06-15  9:18   ` Eric S Fraga
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2018-06-15  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Friday, 15 Jun 2018 at 10:52, Uwe Brauer wrote:
> Both a set to nil, but even if I try dvipng via

> Or           #+OPTIONS: tex:imagemagick

Data point:

Both work for me.  The dvipng output looks better, however.  The mathml
doesn't work (for me) for the second case with the align environment.

> The math, even equations are inserted verbatim, that is really odd.
> The minibuffer tells me that the png are generated and indeed there are,
> but they are not inserted in the odt file using as  org-export-dispatch
> and then chosing odt.

Strange.  Cannot help.  Sorry.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.11-620-ga548e4

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: export to odt, eqnarray and align are not supported
@ 2018-06-15  9:29     ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2018-06-15  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>>> "Eric" == Eric S Fraga <esflists@gmail.com> writes:

   > On Friday, 15 Jun 2018 at 10:52, Uwe Brauer wrote:
   >> Both a set to nil, but even if I try dvipng via

   >> Or           #+OPTIONS: tex:imagemagick

   > Data point:

   > Both work for me.  The dvipng output looks better, however.  The mathml
   > doesn't work (for me) for the second case with the align environment.

Thanks, I got meanwhile the mathml to work, but the result is not
appealing.

   >> The math, even equations are inserted verbatim, that is really odd.
   >> The minibuffer tells me that the png are generated and indeed there are,
   >> but they are not inserted in the odt file using as  org-export-dispatch
   >> and then chosing odt.

   > Strange.  Cannot help.  Sorry.

Ok I started emacs -q and then it worked.

So it must be something in my setting. Sigh. I have to debug this which
can take a while, anybody an idea which variable I set incorrectly?

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* [Sort of Solved:culprit] (was: export to odt, eqnarray and align are not supported)
@ 2018-06-15  9:55     ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2018-06-15  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>>> "Eric" == Eric S Fraga <esflists@gmail.com> writes:

   > On Friday, 15 Jun 2018 at 10:52, Uwe Brauer wrote:
   >> Both a set to nil, but even if I try dvipng via

   >> Or           #+OPTIONS: tex:imagemagick

   > Data point:

   > Both work for me.  The dvipng output looks better, however.  The mathml
   > doesn't work (for me) for the second case with the align environment.

   >> The math, even equations are inserted verbatim, that is really odd.
   >> The minibuffer tells me that the png are generated and indeed there are,
   >> but they are not inserted in the odt file using as  org-export-dispatch
   >> and then chosing odt.

   > Strange.  Cannot help.  Sorry.

Ok I found the culprit: it is the org version. I am using master git
from July of last year, because

    1. It contains Nick's cool hide very wide columns in tables

    2. But it does not contain the new template system, which breaks
       backwards compatibility. :'(

However when converting to odt with dvipng, inline symbols are correctly
generated but not equations or eqnarryas etc. That must be a bug in this
particular master version, sigh

I thinks as soon as possible I have to acquaint myself with the new
template system and convert the bunch of templates I have to the new system.

However right now I still with the version and will use vanilla org for
the conversion.

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* [equations: conversions] (was: [Sort of Solved:culprit])
@ 2018-06-15 11:04       ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2018-06-15 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

   > Ok I found the culprit: it is the org version. I am using master git
   > from July of last year, because

I did some further testing this git version converts \[ \]

But not equations eqnarray etc.

The strange thing when I use the version shipped by the package system
which is org-20171116, a date posterior to July 2017, then equations are
converted. However I thought the package system does not ship the latest
master but a stable release. So I am a bit confused.

Anybody know about the issue of exporting eqautions and eqnarray and
recent changes in the filters?

* [SOLVED, really] (was: export to odt, eqnarray and align are not supported)
@ 2018-06-15 17:27     ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2018-06-15 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode