* GTD and CRM workflow for org-mode using Agenda and org-super-agenda [followup]
@ 2019-05-13  3:50 Daryl Manning
       [not found] ` <xuu6pnomaeqp.fsf@ucl.ac.uk>
From: Daryl Manning @ 2019-05-13  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I mentioned the setup I was recently using when I asked a question on how
to "Add Notes" into a LOGBOOK property drawer (and thank you to the person
who answered the question for me. It was a game-changer.).

A surprising (to me, anyway) number of people asked me privately to follow
up about my setup and how I was using thing, so I promised I would put a
blog post together (I had a draft from march anyhow... =] ).

Anyhow, have a solid draft up at:
https://daryl.wakatara.com/a-better-gtd-and-crm-flow-for-emacs-org-mode

Would love some feedback on if it answers peoples' question and would love
some feedback on other things you'd need to see in it that it doesn't
answer (within reason).

ciao !
Daryl
PS> I'm assuming I'm not violating any terms of use posting a blog post as
it was topical.

* Re: GTD and CRM workflow for org-mode using Agenda and org-super-agenda [followup]
       [not found] ` <xuu6pnomaeqp.fsf@ucl.ac.uk>
@ 2019-05-13 10:26   ` Daryl Manning
From: Daryl Manning @ 2019-05-13 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org; +Cc: Fraga, Eric

Thanks! That's quite kind. Just glad to know someone found it useful.

The DEADLINE with an intermediary step would be cool. The only thing I
could think of that might make something like that work is if you might
create a "subtask" that had the DEADLINE and then follow that and resolve
before the actual top level task got resolved, though being a relative
newcomer to org-mode, I have absolutely not a clue how you'd do accomplish
that (sorry). I'm sure there is probably a better way.  =]

Rather than using a note, btw, I've found it much more useful to signify
delegatee with a tag (so, something like :jones:). The advantage is when
you have a meeting with someone or need to refer to their stuff, just sort
all tasks/todos by tag :jones" and you know everything Jones is on the hook
for. I also generally keep a file for someone - usually to organize 1:1
notes and similar and use a setup like:

# jones.org
``` elisp
#+TITLE: Jones

* Jones
:jones:loka:

** Jones 1:1 - 2019-05-03
*** Team Structure and Leads shifts
*** PMS reviews
*** Martech
```

Also very handy if you put the TODOs inline with the 1:1 notes as they'll
still be tagged to find them from the personnel buffer.

Anyhow, YMMV but that has worked surprisingly well though it does not solve
your *actual* intermediary/delegated DEADLINE step. Sorry.   =]

ciao!
Daryl.

@ 2019-05-13 11:45     ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2019-05-13 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daryl Manning; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Monday, 13 May 2019 at 17:26, Daryl Manning wrote:
> The DEADLINE with an intermediary step would be cool. The only thing I
> could think of that might make something like that work is if you might
> create a "subtask" that had the DEADLINE and then follow that and resolve
> before the actual top level task got resolved, though being a relative
> newcomer to org-mode, I have absolutely not a clue how you'd do accomplish
> that (sorry).

Yes, that's why I mentioned about not being able to store a link from
the agenda.  My initial thoughts had been to store the link to the
current task and create a new one with the intermediate deadline, one
that linked back to the original task.  But I cannot do this from the
agenda view.  I can, obviously, do this from where the task is defined
but that distracts as it takes me away from the agenda.

> Rather than using a note, btw, I've found it much more useful to signify
> delegatee with a tag (so, something like :jones:).

I do this as well but the note I take gives details about what I have
asked the person to do etc. so still useful.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.2-341-ga9d3ea