* Advance notice of birthdays in org-mode via org-contacts
@ 2019-05-26 15:10 Daryl Manning
From: Daryl Manning @ 2019-05-26 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm trying to come up with a better way to give myself advanced notice on
some peoples' birthdays coming up.

Right now, I use the following in a `cal.org` file to give me notice in
agenda that birthdays are coming up:

```
* BDays
    :bday:
%%(org-contacts-anniversaries "BIRTHDAY")
```

The generally feeds off a `contacts.org` entry of the nature:

```
*** John Wick
:PROPERTIES:
:EMAIL: therealjdub@notthepuppy.com
:BIRTHDAY: 1975-06-06
:END:
```

What I'd like is to get, on virtually all birthdays , a week's notice
through due soon (which I'll sort out in org-super-agenda in the view).
Alternatively, is there a nicer way to tag or otherwise note some birthdays
in the `contacts.org` so that I could note special people (close friends,
family, etc) where I could set a specific advanced notice period so that I
have time to do something special for them etc?

Would love to hear peoples' approaches to this. In general, if I'm not
looking out 2 weeks ahead (I spend most time in the day view), I can get
surprised.

thanks!
Daryl.